• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPN Rotations fluff...

Inside Pitch

Pitching (40%): 20th

Defense (10%): 5th

Offense (50%): 10th

20 x .4 + 5 x .1 + 10 x.5 = 13.5

The Angels are the 13th or 14th best team in the major leagues.

Last year, the 13th - 14th best teams won 84-85 games.

Sounds about right.

A more optimistic view would have the offense be about 5th, which would put us up to 11th, or 89 wins.

So yeah, the Angels as currently configured, win somewhere in the 84-89 games range.

Adding Ray/Boyd/Gray maybe puts that up to 85-91...not sure that's worth Brandon Marsh.

Edited by Angelsjunky

14 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I mean, they are gonna be really good and dare I type great.

They were very near going to the World Series with the team that they had a year ago - and that was before Gerrit Cole was added to their roster and removed from Houston's. They did an amazing job with the staggering number of injuries that they had last year.

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Pitching (40%): 20th

Defense (10%): 5th

Offense (50%): 10th

20 x .4 + 5 x .1 + 10 x.5 = 13.5

The Angels are the 13th or 14th best team in the major leagues.

Last year, the 13th - 14th best teams won 84-85 games.

Sounds about right.

A more optimistic view would have the offense be about 5th, which would put us up to 11th, or 89 wins.

So yeah, the Angels as currently configured, win somewhere in the 84-89 games range.

Adding Ray/Boyd/Gray maybe puts that up to 85-91...not sure that's worth Brandon Marsh.

This shit makes me so glad we play the games on the field.

Just now, eligrba said:

Is it really necessary to play every game since we all know the Yankees are unstoppable and the Angels didn’t sign a front line pitcher?

No. The projections say we're basically an 85 win team at best. That's not gonna get it done. 

I say we shut everything down until next off-season.

28 minutes ago, Throwman91 said:

I meant assuming we win that WC game with Ohtani on the mound, a full playoff division series.

I always believe that once you get there, anything can happen. Obviously having better pitching gives your team an advantage, but it's just one series. Any team can win a series and any team can lose one.