• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels hire John Mallee, more changes to coaching staff?

Second Base

download.jpg

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/10/angels-to-hire-john-mallee-to-coaching-staff.html

Mallee was Maddon's hitting coach for Chicago during their successful run. Was fired by Philadelphia mid season for their offense sucking balls. 

He's being hired as an "assistant hitting coach" but given that the Angels already have three different hitting coaches, I wonder if they plan to carry a 4th. That's a lot of hitting coaches. Most teams have one, sometimes two. 

Still no word on bench coach.

1 hour ago, nate said:

I am pretty sure all the assistant coaches from last year didn't have their contracts renewed.  I expect the entire staff to be chosen by Maddon.

Last I’d heard, the three hitting coaches were all still technically on track to return. Obviously that could change. Fletcher said yesterday on Twitter that the rest of the staff is still being evaluated. 

Reed, Sorrento, and Wooten all seem to have had lots of positive reception as hitting coaches, so a little curious to add another. 

I wonder if perhaps one of them might move to bench coach and groom for a management gig? Reed seems like he really clicks with the players, he's had the must blurbs regarding his involvement at least. 

Or maybe one moves to a minor-league management role or an organizational 'Coordinator of Hitting' position?

4 hours ago, totdprods said:

Reed, Sorrento, and Wooten all seem to have had lots of positive reception as hitting coaches, so a little curious to add another. 

I wonder if perhaps one of them might move to bench coach and groom for a management gig? Reed seems like he really clicks with the players, he's had the must blurbs regarding his involvement at least. 

Or maybe one moves to a minor-league management role or an organizational 'Coordinator of Hitting' position?

LOL -- maybe they brought in Mallee to be the bunting instructor...