• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fletcher: Arte Moreno said the #Angels will increase their payroll. He wouldn’t say how much.

rafibomb

46 minutes ago, RBM said:

They are about $80 M below the luxury tax cap of $208 M right now. The Angels were $21 M below the cap in 2019.

So if they spend to within $10 M of it this year it equates to offseason spending of $70 M AAV dollars.

This is the result of Eppler's plan with all the 1 year contracts last year. He opened up a window for 2020.

They could drop 70M (30 Cole and 25 Strasburg 15 Wheeler) and still have some for a catcher and bp piece...

Cole, Strasburg, Wheeler, Ohtani, Canning...

The Angels hover around 175 on a yearly basis. My guess is they go up to 190. If they're at 140 right now, and after trimming the excess fat from the roster we'll probably be down around 130-135. My guess is they'll have around 55-60 million to spend in free agency.

Or in layman's terms, enough for Gerrit Cole, Zack Wheeler and Travis D'Arnaud.

5 hours ago, RBM said:

They are about $80 M below the luxury tax cap of $208 M right now. The Angels were $21 M below the cap in 2019.

So if they spend to within $10 M of it this year it equates to offseason spending of $70 M AAV dollars.

This is the result of Eppler's plan with all the 1 year contracts last year. He opened up a window for 2020.

Does that include letting Calhoun walk?

I agree giving a little cushion for mid-season trades would be wise.

Having 70-80 to spends would be fun

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

The Angels hover around 175 on a yearly basis. My guess is they go up to 190. If they're at 140 right now, and after trimming the excess fat from the roster we'll probably be down around 130-135. My guess is they'll have around 55-60 million to spend in free agency.

Or in layman's terms, enough for Gerrit Cole, Zack Wheeler and Travis D'Arnaud.

I don’t think they can really cut below 140 without trading Simmons. I think they’re at 140 even without García, Bour, Calhoun, etc. 

If you want to go lower than that, you need to trade Bedrosian or La Stella or Goodwin. 

1 minute ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I don’t think they can really cut below 140 without trading Simmons. I think they’re at 140 even without García, Bour, Calhoun, etc. 

If you want to go lower than that, you need to trade Bedrosian or La Stella or Goodwin. 

restructure Simmons and save 5m.