• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you be interested in an advanced chat & messaging app here?

Chuck

Would you be interested in an advanced chat & messaging app here?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should I add a chat app to the website/forum?

• Yes
    • No
    • I won't use it much or at all, but why not?

Thoughts from the AngelsWin.com community.

I think we could try to do a Gameday Chat again once the season starts, but more than that, actually have special guests come on board for a live chat that's hosted here.

Here is the details of what this chat app provides: https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9342-bim-chatbox/

Please vote and let me know. 

Thank you! 

IMO most people wouldn't use it. I mean how many were in the chat during game day when we had it before? Maybe 12 people? And only half were even active.

I feel like the GD threads are more fun. Things move slower so you can follow along more easily and like posts and stuff like that.

But if it doesn't change the site or slow it down, why not?

30 minutes ago, True Grich said:

14783336.gif

There were some really good gameday chats early on in the season and the Tyler Skaggs memorial game no-no was a very good one. 

So yes, really.

@Revad you can use our search function to find any and all threads over time. Just put in the correct search parameters and you'll find it. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

There were some really good gameday chats early on in the season and the Tyler Skaggs memorial game no-no was a very good one. 

So yes, really.

@Revad you can use our search function to find any and all threads over time. Just put in the correct search parameters and you'll find it. 

You must own this site or something...

32 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

IMO most people wouldn't use it. I mean how many were in the chat during game day when we had it before? Maybe 12 people? And only half were even active.

I feel like the GD threads are more fun. Things move slower so you can follow along more easily and like posts and stuff like that.

But if it doesn't change the site or slow it down, why not?

Man, back in the day before I moved to this new forum software in 2013, from 2008-2012 we had some of the best gameday chats in our gameday chatrooms. We had as many as 70 in there, and on average a good 25 per game. Real time reactions during the game was awesome. Once we moved here it kind of fizzled as most people preferred the gameday threads. 

That said, I'm mostly interested in purchasing this chat app for hosting live chats with special guests from the Angels, national and local writers and perhaps from some current and former players in the org like in times past.

It shouldn't slow performance at all.

@Chuckster70 is it something where a few members could create a chat to discuss things together away from the riff raff?  Like lets say I wanted to talk about In N Out Burger with a few guys, but I don’t want @nate to be a part of it because he chose to move off the grid, could that happen?  Or would all chats be able to be entered by all members.  

Just now, Stradling said:

@Chuckster70 is it something where a few members could create a chat to discuss things together away from the riff raff?  Like lets say I wanted to talk about In N Out Burger with a few guys, but I don’t want @nate to be a part of it because he chose to move off the grid, could that happen?  Or would all chats be able to be entered by all members.  

I can decode that for anyone who wants to know the truth...

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

@Tank will take you to lunch soon.  He likes guys in brown shorts.

1 hour ago, TheUPSman said:

Well I have been complimented on my legs quite a bit. 

when i take someone to lunch (ballplayers, free agents, front office personnel, presidential candidates, supermodels, etc) we always go to a vegan place. i'm happy to take you as long as you understand that nothing with a face will be consumed and there will be wheat germ and kelp in pretty much every dish. if you can live with that, my people will call your people to work out the details.

and i have zero interest in what your legs look like. that's for tdawg or cez.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

#poornate

p.s. THE Ohio State University is going to crush wisconsin this weekend. GO BUCKS!