• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels PR official who reportedly supplied Tyler Skaggs with drugs explains why he cooperated with DEA

6 hours ago, ukyah said:

they're not allowed to be identified per mlb. something most don't know is that the mlb drug policy is treatment oriented. if an employee covered under that contract is a drug user, they are enrolled in an mlb treatment program. they are not punished and will not be punished as long as they are an active participant in their recovery, regardless of relapses. the only time they will be subject to any kind of penalty is if they stop attending/participating in the recovery program.

this is one of the rare scenarios where there won't be a leak. if those names come out, somebody's in a lot of trouble.

The other 5 players are known to Kay, his lawyer and the DEA. Not MLB. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

The other 5 players are known to Kay, his lawyer and the DEA. Not MLB. 

oh, that's interesting. so, those players are not enrolled in the mlb drug program, as yet. does mlb not have the eventual authority to know those names?

8 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

People have already looked up venmo transactions and found Garret Richards also made payments to Kay.   Apparently transaction history is set default to "public" and you can reach people and transactions...   So, if you're using venmo to move money around you may want to check your settings.

that's pretty creative on the public's part, but that wouldn't be considered a leak, that's just public investigation. if the names get out, i guess that would be the kind of thing that will force it to the surface.

48 minutes ago, ukyah said:

oh, that's interesting. so, those players are not enrolled in the mlb drug program, as yet. does mlb not have the eventual authority to know those names?

MLB has no subpoena power to know anything. 

MLB knows the results if it’s own tests but MLB players aren’t tested for opioids. 

40 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

MLB has no subpoena power to know anything. 

MLB knows the results if it’s own tests but MLB players aren’t tested for opioids. 

and while mlb can choose to test whoever they want, it's completely anonymous.  So even if the DEA gives them those names, they can't just make them public under the joint drug agreement.  They can test them if they see fit.  At least that's my understanding.  

19 hours ago, Dochalo said:

and while mlb can choose to test whoever they want, it's completely anonymous.  So even if the DEA gives them those names, they can't just make them public under the joint drug agreement.  They can test them if they see fit.  At least that's my understanding.  

this is what i'm talking about. i understand they don't have subpeona power, but i was unaware that they wouldn't be party to the 5 players names.