• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you think the Angels will heavily pursue Anthony Rendon?

mmc

3 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I see where you're trying to having it work and I'd love to get rid of Cozart as well but he has zero value and there's not even a guarantee that he comes back to being healthy. Plus we have to assume that the Giants would take on Calhoun's $14M option before we pick it up. I know it's a salary swap but is it worth losing a Rengifo or Thaiss for 1 year for Samardzija? Giving away Ward would be worth it but I wouldn't give anyone else. 

I think even someone like Jam Jones gets this done. Maybe they have to add in a lower level prospect. Calhoun’s option would then be exercised by the Giants. Guy hit 30 HR. They’re taking on roughly 28M in Contracts for 18. So the $5 M was to make it even money wise. But perhaps the Angels have to kick in more. Samardzija had a 4.39 FIP so he’s not quite the 3.52 ERA pitcher so... but he threw 170 IP for a mediocre team last year... could be a nice middle of the rotation acquisition and still allow the Angels to go after a bat at a position of need in catcher or third. 

Also, I’d prefer Bumgarner of course but I’d be happy with Cole and Samardzija especially if they could squeeze in a bat.

And I think smith is a free agent but perhaps they have someone else they want to send our way in exchange for a better prospect or someone likeRengifo.

1 hour ago, RBM said:

This makes absolutely no sense. Why would a GM ask a team to pick up a $14 M option and then trade for him when he can sign the same player in November for $6 M or $7 M?

I don’t think it’s a done deal that the Angels won’t exercise the option and keep him for one more season . Also, this way they get three offensive players for the similar contract value they are currentlypaying one. 

• 2 months later...