• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Fletcher and 2020

Can we all agree that David Fletcher has been incredibly fun to watch? Both with the bat and glove. 
David Fletcher has made his case that he can stay healthy, hit leadoff and dominate anywhere on the field. 
To be honest, I think Fletcher makes a strong case to be a solid everyday shortstop. I say this because LaStella/Thaiss can work 3B and Rengifo seems to be the guy to handle 2B. I wonder if the Angels have been forced to look at an extension for Simmons a little differently now. 

Let’s not forget we have Cozart still....

46 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Can we all agree that David Fletcher has been incredibly fun to watch? Both with the bat and glove. 
David Fletcher has made his case that he can stay healthy, hit leadoff and dominate anywhere on the field. 
To be honest, I think Fletcher makes a strong case to be a solid everyday shortstop. I say this because LaStella/Thaiss can work 3B and Rengifo seems to be the guy to handle 2B. I wonder if the Angels have been forced to look at an extension for Simmons a little differently now. 

Let’s not forget we have Cozart still....

No let's forget we have cozart

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Please expand on this.  It’s very on brand for the Angels and honestly I love it. 

Fletch's value will never be higher. He could net us Jim B. Reliefpitcher, who had a 5.00 ERA this season but a 2.34 FIP in August/September and a world-class spin rate.

As for Cozart, there's just no place for him, not unless one of Fletcher, La Stella, Simmons, or Rengifo gets hurt. I don't see the Angels consigning Rengifo to Salt Lake just so Cozart can play out his contract - unless, of course, Cozart shows up to spring training in TBSOHL.

All of this will be a moot discussion due to Cozart's dodgy injury issue.