• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

As the 2019 season ends (for us)........

disarcina

Ok so how many times has someone started a conversation saying they don’t care about the name change?   To me it usually goes like this, “the name change is stupid and Arte is dumb”.  Then a reasonable person explains the name change or says they could give a shit about the name change.  

It doesn’t start like this.  “I don’t care about the name change”.  “Oh yea well I think it’s dumb of Anaheim”. 

7 minutes ago, Baghdad Strad said:

Ok so how many times has someone started a conversation saying they don’t care about the name change?   To me it usually goes like this, “the name change is stupid and Arte is dumb”.  Then a reasonable person explains the name change or says they could give a shit about the name change.  

It doesn’t start like this.  “I don’t care about the name change”.  “Oh yea well I think it’s dumb of Anaheim”. 

To say you don't give a shit about the name change, and then proceed to launch a full-throated, Texas Death Match-style defense of it (I know, I have been on the opposite side of literally 1000 of these arguments here) is nothing but a too-cool-for-school cop out on the argument.

5 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

To say you don't give a shit about the name change, and then proceed to launch a full-throated, Texas Death Match-style defense of it (I know, I have been on the opposite side of literally 1000 of these arguments here) is nothing but a too-cool-for-school cop out on the argument.

You’re right the ONLY two sides of that argument is the person who bitches about the name change and silence.  

On 9/27/2019 at 11:25 AM, yk9001 said:

oh I think most here supported the name change wildly.

If Arte farts, most on this board hear Beethoven.

Unfortunately, the Halos national profile is terrible.  "The anonymous, mediocre, nondescript team that Trout plays for."

that last line - about the Halos national profile being terrible and the description that follows:  I wish I could request that you 'Say it ain't so". and I could - but it won't matter. That description you provided is too accurate and on point -- unfortunately,.

24 minutes ago, disarcina said:

that last line - about the Halos national profile being terrible and the description that follows:  I wish I could request that you 'Say it ain't so". and I could - but it won't matter. That description you provided is too accurate and on point -- unfortunately,.

There was a quote by LeBron James this week at media day, talking about what a great time it is in LA sports.

I am paraphrasing but he mentioned Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Kings, USC, UCLA.

No mention of Angels. We're an afterthought in our own market.

Slapping an LA name on the Angels was never going to move the needle like you stans  wished it would.

24 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

There was a quote by LeBron James this week at media day, talking about what a great time it is in LA sports.

Slapping an LA name on the Angels was never going to move the needle like you stans  wished it would.

Doesn't look like he mentioned the Dodgers either.

44 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Well, shit, if LeBron didn't mention them...(Pffft)

Just now, yk9001 said:

The Angels eat Thanksgiving dinner at the kids table, not the adults table.

The Angels sit at that folding card table that is in the same room with the adults. But they aren't eating at the Los Angeles adults table, with the Dodgers, Lakers, Kings, etc.

"Hey, Galaxy, can you pass the gravy?"

tumbleweed GIF

YK9001 posts above are funny and accurate --

his posted points -unfortunately - are where the Halos are these days.

the most signficant difference between the step-child Angels of the past and today is that today's Halos draw 3 million fans (well, tickets sold - not people actually in the seats) a year win, mostly lose or draw,

not a lot of incentive to spend the money it takes for a front of the rotation ace......result - 90 losses in 2019 and a race to oblivion on the LA Sports scene.

1 minute ago, disarcina said:

YK9001 posts above are funny and accurate --

his posted points -unfortunately - are where the Halos are these days.

the most signficant difference between the step-child Angels of the past and today is that today's Halos draw 3 million fans (well, tickets sold - not people actually in the seats) a year win, mostly lose or draw,

not a lot of incentive to spend the money it takes for a front of the rotation ace......result - 90 losses in 2019 and a race to oblivion on the LA Sports scene.

Yea Arte has been cheap. 

well - you can say that -  Arte's been cheap.

I think it's more like he's been burned by big contracts (some of his own doing - Hamilton -worst deal ever) and reluctant to go there again.

and now -- 3 million fans a year show up to watch a 70-90 team -- and the team can draw that many fans every year pretty much without blinking an eye -- doing much different than in the past.

I liked Arte, always have, think he's done good things for the franchise -- but an individual (sole-proprietor ) type owner competing with and swimming with the conglomerate shark owners of MLB can't go on forever, if much longer.

I think Arte is just waiting for the Halos franchise to get to a certain dollar value and then will sell the team -- figuring out where they'll play for the next 30-50 years is part of the franchise value -- Arte needs to either sing a long term lease with Anaheim or pick out the new ballpark site and start working on getting it approved now......once that's done, the team would be at his highest value and ripe for sale.