• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Biggest Angels Rival

thebloob

17 hours ago, W.E. Baxter Author said:

The Angels don't have any rivalries, and the fans should be glad. The Rivalry with The Dodgers is all one-sided. The Dodgers and their fans really don't give two flying figs about The Angels. There are some fans in The Southland that are fans of both L.A. Teams. The L.A. Dodgers' Rivalry is with the San Francisco GIANTS which is the worse rivalry in all of Professional Sports, even over the Yankees and Red Sox.

My personal experience completely contradicts the statement that Dodger fans don't feel any rivalry towards the Angels.  As long as the Angels are not winning, the ones that I know will act like the Angels are beneath their notice, but will often say something to put the lie to their indifference, whether about the "of Los Angeles" name, or getting pissy about Angel interleague wins.  The real test, though long ago, was 2002 when Dodger butthurt exploded like an extinction-level Dr. Pimple Popper detonation.  Their pretense of not giving a fig was the ugliest unmasking since KISS in 1983.

34 minutes ago, Junkballer said:

My personal experience completely contradicts the statement that Dodger fans don't feel any rivalry towards the Angels.  As long as the Angels are not winning, the ones that I know will act like the Angels are beneath their notice, but will often say something to put the lie to their indifference, whether about the "of Los Angeles" name, or getting pissy about Angel interleague wins.  The real test, though long ago, was 2002 when Dodger butthurt exploded like an extinction-level Dr. Pimple Popper detonation.  Their pretense of not giving a fig was the ugliest unmasking since KISS in 1983.

There are teenagers not even born during that WS that are seniors in high school this year.

Good lord, that was a long time ago

3 hours ago, Junkballer said:

I don't know who the Angels biggest rival is as a team, maybe a division foe I'd say, but I know who the Angels biggest rival is when it comes to fans and that's the Dodgers, hands down.  Every year, they storm Anaheim Stadium in their "Blue Army" uniforms (or whatever they f*cking call themselves) with the names of Valenzuela, Nomo, or hell...even their own last name. and chug their Modelo's or Budweiser's by the wheelbarrow full in the parking lot.  They come in mouthy, and like many bandwagon fans, full of bravado (Yep looking at you Trojan fans).  I've seen groups of Blue Goons double in numbers as the Dodgers continue to play well, and the Angels continue to falter.

But for all the shit that has gone wrong this year, the Angels swept the Dodgers and sent their collective asses into a tailspin, at least at the time they did.  It was such a pleasure to see them saunter out of Angel Stadium this year when Trout broke their hearts in Anaheim.  It must have killed them to see Kole and Trout gun their runners out in their own house.

All I can say is while the Angels may not have a traditional rival, the fans of the Dodgers and the Angels do.  It's a cross town rivalry and it's fun sometimes. Like USC/UCLA or the Ducks/Kings.

7 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Our biggest rival is the Dodgers and it’s not even close. 

3D914154-BD98-4833-BC8A-2B4F4ED64603.jpeg

The same dodger fans do that for every big series. They would have done it in fenway, too, except getting that many seats at fenway all together in the world series is pretty much impossible.

Heres the same people at yankee stadium, safeco, and san fran. Theres others of them at san diego, etc.

flag_41k5zfz4_g7j1rkg5.JPG

yxzghh9f9zg11.jpg

492857384-e1494932392729.jpg

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The same dodger fans do that for every big series. They would have done it in fenway, too, except getting that many seats at fenway all together in the world series is pretty much impossible.

Heres the same people at yankee stadium, safeco, and san fran. Theres others of them at san diego, etc.

flag_41k5zfz4_g7j1rkg5.JPG

yxzghh9f9zg11.jpg

492857384-e1494932392729.jpg

E0A6F003-DCA2-4F31-872A-8039D7252D7A.jpeg