• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

Broncos are in trouble and I'm not even sure of a solution.

All of their eligible QB's are on the Covid list because of contact with someone that was massless and had it. But on the flip side, because of the Covid rules in the NFL, they can't just bring someone in to play as the rules state their is a quarantine period after a team signs someone.....I think it's 5 days while the game is set to be played tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

All of their eligible QB's are on the Covid list because of contact with someone that was massless and had it. But on the flip side, because of the Covid rules in the NFL, they can't just bring someone in to play as the rules state their is a quarantine period after a team signs someone.....I think it's 5 days while the game is set to be played tomorrow.

Blake Bortles too?   Jason Mendoza will be devastated.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Former Duck RB Royce Freeman could start as Broncos quarterback
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Royce-Freeman-Denver-Broncos-quarterback-emergency-Oregon-Ducks-Football-155579022/

5 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I was going to post that Freeman would probably be the best QB out of Oregon since Dan Fouts but I didn't want to pile on to the Chargers fans

I'm not even sure what you mean here. The Chargers keep losing games, that's kind of their thing, but Herbert has been great.

45 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

For old timers like myself, harkens back to when Colts’ QB’s Johnny Unitas and Gary Cuozzo were both injured, and RB Tom Matte was pressed into duty as their QB in the last reg season game of 1965 against the Rams and also against the Packers in a 1965 post-season game.

Don Shula wrote down the plays on Matte’s wristband so he wouldn’t forget them.   They only lost to the eventual NFL champs in the post-season game by a 13-10 score.

Edited by Angel Oracle

24 minutes ago, Tank said:

not sure why the NFL wouldn't delay the broncos game by a couple of days after delaying the steelers/ravens game for a few days.

They didn't delay Devner's game to send a message which is the same reason they're still planning to have Pitt/Baltimore play tomorrow night.  Denver's QB's all came in on an off day sitting around without masks on and didn't social distance while one of the back up QB's there had tested positive already.  Baltimore also ignored or broke protocols and as of yesterday had 20 players/coaches who tested positive.  The league already tweaked Pitt's schedule earlier in the year for the Tenn outbreak so the only way to make up the game if they don't play this week would be in week 18.  If outbreaks get bad enough the league has said they're willing to have a week 18 to make up games but they shouldn't simply be doing it to benefit teams that couldn't follow protocols.     

9 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

They didn't delay Devner's game to send a message which is the same reason they're still planning to have Pitt/Baltimore play tomorrow night.  Denver's QB's all came in on an off day sitting around without masks on and didn't social distance while one of the back up QB's there had tested positive already.  Baltimore also ignored or broke protocols and as of yesterday had 20 players/coaches who tested positive.  The league already tweaked Pitt's schedule earlier in the year for the Tenn outbreak so the only way to make up the game if they don't play this week would be in week 18.  If outbreaks get bad enough the league has said they're willing to have a week 18 to make up games but they don't want to do it to benefit teams who couldn't follow protocols.     

okay, but they still decided to delay one team's game while not delaying the other team's game. maybe i'm missing something, but it seems like one team was punished and the other team was given leniency.