• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

Kaepernick's tryout wasn't a waste of time after all ...

A wide receiver who was one of the targets Colin Kaepernick threw to during the quarterback’s controversial workout last month has found a job.

The Washington Redskins signed Jordan Veasy to their practice squad Wednesday. Veasy worked out with Kaepernick last month at an Atlanta high school. He caught a 50-yard pass from the former San Francisco 49ers star, which was described as one of the quarterback’s best throws.

The Seattle Mariners... I mean Seahawks, didn't score a single offesive touchdown last night. They had no running game unless you want to count Wilson scrambling for his life.

Goff was able to pick apart their pass defense and the running game supported that by racking up some good gains. As bad as the Rams looked four games ago they seem to have reversed their fortunes and are playing more like last season where they were champions of the NFC.

The Rams may not be playoff bound, they will need to win their last game and hope someone knocks off the Vikings to force the tie breaker but Seattle looks like a one and out team. 

On 12/9/2019 at 7:08 AM, Blarg said:

The Seattle Mariners... I mean Seahawks, didn't score a single offesive touchdown last night. They had no running game unless you want to count Wilson scrambling for his life.

Goff was able to pick apart their pass defense and the running game supported that by racking up some good gains. As bad as the Rams looked four games ago they seem to have reversed their fortunes and are playing more like last season where they were champions of the NFC.

The Rams may not be playoff bound, they will need to win their last game and hope someone knocks off the Vikings to force the tie breaker but Seattle looks like a one and out team. 

Seattle is dang lucky that Greg the Leg missed a, for him, chip shot in Seattle.   Otherwise, Rams sweep Seattle A-GAIN, and would be tied with them with the clear tiebreaker.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Lamar Jackson should likely become the first NFL QB in history to pass for over 3,000 yards and rush for over 1,000 yards in a season.    He's also about to break Michael Vick's record for most QB rushing yards in a season.

NFL MVP leader at this point?    

Can Jalen Hurts follow in his footsteps (3,634 passing yards and 1,255 rushing yards for Oklahoma so far in 2019)?

Edited by Angel Oracle

Anddd, somehow, the Seahawks can still win the NFC West, even after laying that egg against a suddenly solid looking Arizona team.   

Arizona has been in every game, except for the Rams routing them, over the past 7 games.   Two close losses to the 49ers, 3 pt loss to TB, 6 pt loss to Pitt, and the back-to-back wins just now.

NFC West is going to be absolutely brutal next season.  

One of the better week 17's I can remember.  NE loses against Miami and ends up as a three seed.  Perhaps injuries are playing a part but they don't look like the Patriots of years past who turn it on in the playoffs.  The last 8 weeks going back to their blowout loss to Baltimore they've averaged 21 points a game and Brady is starting to remind of Manning or rather any aging QB whose arm strength starts to go.  I won't write off the hoodie and Brady as they have shown the ability to prepare for any team but I could definitely see Tenn ending their season.  Green Bay is one of the least impressive 13-3 teams I can remember seeing going into the playoffs.  Seattle gets down to the one against San Fran, gets a delay of game penalty which was one of the worst penalties in recent years and they end up losing.  Had they won they win the west and the three seed but they'll now play in Philly on wildcard weekend as the 5 seed.  On paper Baltimore is favored to win it all but this is one of the funner years because you could make a case for them or a strong one for 3-4 other teams.  New Orleans and Minnesota next weekend is going to be hyped up after the last time they met in the playoffs that resulted in the Minnesota Miracle.

On a non-playoff team note as a Broncos fan it's nice going into this off season not having to think about what they'll do at QB next year.  Lock has a long way to go but he's been impressive over his 5 starts so far as far as not making a lot of mistakes or poor choices. 

14 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

One of the better week 17's I can remember.  NE loses against Miami and ends up as a three seed.  Perhaps injuries are playing a part but they don't look like the Patriots of years past who turn it on in the playoffs.  The last 8 weeks going back to their blowout loss to Baltimore they've averaged 21 points a game and Brady is starting to remind of Manning or rather any aging QB whose arm strength starts to go.  I won't write off the hoodie and Brady as they have shown the ability to prepare for any team but I could definitely see Tenn ending their season.  Green Bay is one of the least impressive 13-3 teams I can remember seeing going into the playoffs.  Seattle gets down to the one against San Fran, gets a delay of game penalty which was one of the worst penalties in recent years and they end up losing.  Had they won they win the west and the three seed but they'll now play in Philly on wildcard weekend as the 5 seed.  On paper Baltimore is favored to win it all but this is one of the funner years because you could make a case for them or a strong one for 3-4 other teams.  New Orleans and Minnesota next weekend is going to be hyped up after the last time they met in the playoffs that resulted in the Minnesota Miracle.

On a non-playoff team note as a Broncos fan it's nice going into this off season not having to think about what they'll do at QB next year.  Lock has a long way to go but he's been impressive over his 5 starts so far as far as not making a lot of mistakes or poor choices. 

I agree that you can never count New England out, but they look less invincible than they have in a very long time. Losing to Miami at home with a first round bye on the line may be telling. It's not like they rested Tom Brady getting ready for the playoffs.

I have no direct rooting interest in the playoffs. My hometown Jacksonville Jaguars haven't been a factor all season. Nick Foles getting knocked out in the first quarter of the first game set the tone for the year. There are so many needs that I scarcely know where to begin. They could draft almost anything and make a case for it. Depending upon who you listen to, head coach Doug Marrone is either in or out. Ditto GM David Caldwell. Getting rid of Tom Coughlin was a good move, IMO. Coughlin had his time, and he was a good choice to lead a new expansion team in 1995. When the news came out that about 25 percent of the grievances filed with the NFL were against the Jaguars and that the core issue was excessive fines imposed by Coughlin, it was pretty clear what the main problem was. Nobody really expected a quarterback duel, but Gardner Minshew's play after Foles went down raises some questions going forward.

The soon-to-be Las Vegas Raiders are also out, although there was a bit more suspense. Obviously Jon Gruden is in no danger. There is some speculation as to whether Derek Carr will be the QB when the team takes the field at Allegiant Stadium in 2020. I went past the stadium site yesterday, and it is beginning to look like a stadium. Word is that it is on schedule and on budget. I'm guessing that once the season ends, we will finally be able to buy Las Vegas Raiders merchandise, and not just stuff that says "Raiders" on it.

It was a bit ironic for me that the Raiders' final home game in Oakland was against Jacksonville.