• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

On 9/22/2019 at 7:47 PM, Brandon said:

I’m thinking:

AFC title game is Chiefs v. Pats

NFC title game is Dallas v. Rams

I agree

Pats will be there. KC will be fine if they can get healthy.....never good to have third stringers protect your franchise QB, who is also injured.

Rams looked to have fallen off bad and the Cowboys look like pretenders. Prescott isn’t playing well either and may have cost himself a lot of money not signing in the preseason.

Niners look legit.

This MNF game is a joke. 3rd and long, Detroit sacks Rodgers and a flag comes out for hands to the face. Replay showed the guy never got his hands on the other guys face was inside his pads the whole time. Green Bay goes on to score a TD on the drive. Now the Detroit receiver gets mugged and no flag ball back to GB. Guessing they’ll squeak it out with a FG win as they’re currently down by 2. 

Yeah, word on the street in KC is he has been hurt bad since week 1 when that dude rolled on his ankle. Then his lineman stepped on his ankle early in the Indy game and he wasn’t the same. He even walked off in this game and told Andy Reid he’s ok like he was still going to come back in the game. Guy is an animal.

I don’t know what to make of this game because I don’t think the Broncos are good, so I can’t tell if the defense simply had a killer game against a poor team, or if this is going to be somewhat of the expectation after the major shake ups in the offseason. I’ve been waiting for some of the acquisitions to breakout or play to potential and some had a coming out party all at once. Clark is finally playing like the dude we traded a lot for.

Edited by Brandon

9 hours ago, Tank said:

I saw that mahomes was hurt but never heard the result. is it just a sprain or is there more damage than that?

He dislocated his knee cap which makes sense because last night after he went down it looked like a trainer popped it back in.  They're saying best case he's out three weeks but it depends on the amount of ligament damage which they'll know after looking at his MRI.  As far as timing KC is in first while SD/Denver are 2-3 games back so if he misses 3 weeks it's not going to cost them division but they could be trailing Oakland.  Unfortunately for them and NFL fans they're scheduled to play GB Sunday night and that goes from a must watch to I'll pass.  The following week they play Minnesota so with their backup QB I think the odds of them winning either of those are very low but anything can happen.

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

He dislocated his knee cap which makes sense because last night after he went down it looked like a trainer popped it back in.  They're saying best case he's out three weeks but it depends on the amount of ligament damage which they'll know after looking at his MRI.  As far as timing KC is in first while SD/Denver are 2-3 games back so if he misses 3 weeks it's not going to cost them division but they could be trailing Oakland.  Unfortunately for them and NFL fans they're scheduled to play GB Sunday night and that goes from a must watch to I'll pass.  The following week they play Minnesota so with their backup QB I think the odds of them winning either of those are very low but anything can happen.

thnx. saw a discussion on twitter that if he opts for surgery he could be out 6-9 months. if he doesn't have surgery, he could be fine or do even more damage to it, putting his career in jeopardy.

tough spot to be in. 

That's not true. My cousins and I do this group text for games and they seem to get news first hand or know people that do. One sent me a link from a doctor that said as long as there is no ligament damage players can come back and play with a specific knee brace then have surgery in the offseason without adding additional damage from playing.

That said, his MRI just came back positive and with no ligament or other serious damage. Time frame is three weeks for a return. This will give him time to heal his ankle, too.

Best case scenario for Pat and the fact that Matt Moore is not very good. Defense is going to have to play like they did last night to have a shot while Pat is out. We can win the TEN game, but slowing down or stopping GB and MIN is going to be rough.

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

That's not true. My cousins and I do this group text for games and they seem to get news first hand or know people that do. One sent me a link from a doctor that said as long as there is no ligament damage players can come back and play with a specific knee brace then have surgery in the offseason without adding additional damage from playing.

This is exactly what yahoo is reporting this morning.  Best case he's back in 3 weeks, wearing a knee brace and he will need surgery after the season.  In three weeks they play Tenn which is a very winnable game even possibly with Matt Moore at QB.  The week after they play SD which is a big division game where having Mahomes back and winning will go a long way towards them being in a position where they can win the division. 

40 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

This is exactly what yahoo is reporting this morning.  Best case he's back in 3 weeks, wearing a knee brace and he will need surgery after the season.  In three weeks they play Tenn which is a very winnable game even possibly with Matt Moore at QB.  The week after they play SD which is a big division game where having Mahomes back and winning will go a long way towards them being in a position where they can win the division. 

Word on the street is no surgery is needed because there was no ligament or structural damage. He may not even wear a brace. The way I read the doctor link was it’s only needed if there is ligament damage.

I just hope he doesn’t come back to quick or is rushed. I’m having flashbacks of RG3. Especially as he walked by Andy Reid and said he was fine almost like he wanted to go back in.

Obviously no one wants injuries, but if they happen this was the best case scenario.

Facking NFL rules. Cost me money today.

TEN tries a fake fg, but the holder got crushed and fumbled where TB picked it up and ran it back to take the lead but the ref blew the whistle so it’s dead.

Yet, a couple weeks back the refs throw a flag which Mahomes sees so he airs it out expecting a free play, it’s intercepted, but no big deal because it’s a free play. The refs end up picking up the flag and giving the team the interception. He doesn’t even go for the end zone if there is no flag.

Just bullshit rules.

Good game and effort for having pretty much nothing but backups in the game and losing two more starters during the game. Injuries are a part of the game, but the Chiefs have been playing backups for quite a few weeks. If they can get healthy they are going to be a problem. GB is a damn good team and the backups went toe to toe.

You can’t stop Rodgers, but the D looked good for two straight weeks even with the injuries.