• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fostering Kittens

21 hours ago, Taylor said:

The kittens are now off the bottle and eating "solid" food. Kitten food is expensive, and these guys go through like four cans of it per day.

dude, you gotta put out dry food for them. way more affordable.

Be careful about dry food with male cats as it may lead to urinary blockages, which can lead to major problems. 

One of my cats had a urinary blockage a couple years ago, which required hospitalization for a night. After a couple months back home, he was blocked again and back in the hospital. The total cost for both times was something like $3-4K, if I remember correctly. Anyhow, we took him off dry food and he hasn't been blocked since. 

I think it also was stress-related, as he had been in quarantine for a few months (we moved to Hawaii) and then was an indoor cat for another few months, which he hated as he had grown up in rural New Hampshire. Now he eats only wet food and has free access to the outdoors, so is a happy and healthy cat.

It was kind of funny, because the vet told us that he had the blockage largely because he had a very small penis. Evidently this happens with male cats when they're neutered a bit too young: it slows and diminishes their "growth," increasing the chances of blockage problems later on. Add in the stress he experienced for a few months and the dry food, and he developed urinary crystals. The alternative was either being put down or basically castrating him and building a pee-hole, which not only would have been horrible for him but cost thousands.

On 8/25/2019 at 11:09 AM, Taylor said:

Our adult male cat has been without his balls for years. Sometimes the kittens will look at him as if to say, "Are you my dad?"

In that case, wouldnt it be mom instead of dad?

And those pics of the cats looking at your dong, aside from the cals legend photo, make it like that "are you my mother" book. With the chicken thats asking the dumptruck and airplanes and stuff.

• 4 weeks later...