• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels, city start lease negotiations

I wouldn't mind a new stadium. I don't hate what we have, bit the newer ones are so much better.

Maybe one day people can stop the "of Anaheim" discussion and poor jokes. I really don't comprehend how people don't understand the business and financial ramifications of LA, but the contractual obligations of Anaheim simply because of sentiment.

Not sure the Angels' fan base justifies a new stadium. Ticket prices here are so low compared to bigger markets.  Minnesota's new stadium is awesome, but their attendance is down a bunch already, because the novelty has worn off a bit and the team isn't doing well.   The Angels don't have a huge amount of people that are willing to spend $50 per ticket for midweek games.  A new stadium would shift things a bit, but how much and for how long?

Not sure the Angels' fan base justifies a new stadium. Ticket prices here are so low compared to bigger markets.  Minnesota's new stadium is awesome, but their attendance is down a bunch already, because the novelty has worn off a bit and the team isn't doing well.   The Angels don't have a huge amount of people that are willing to spend $50 per ticket for midweek games.  A new stadium would shift things a bit, but how much and for how long?

A renovation of the current stadium -- similar to what the Dodgers recently did -- would make the most sense. Angel stadium is in a great location, no reason to move. Also, spending a billion dollars to build a new stadium from scratch on the same location, like what the Yankees recently did, would be a huge waste of money. 

The City of Anaheim owns the stadium and property it sits on. It can't survive with just concerts and monster truck shows. They better make Arte Moreno a sweet deal or he's outta here. That deal will have to include major renovations (much more than what the Dodgers did) and a bigger share of the parking revenue. The City of Anaheim is at his mercy because Arte would have no problem getting partnership for a new stadium elsewhere. 

I'd like it if they turned the backdrop into some kind of garden-type thing. It just looks stupid. Or at least added seats up there.

The rocks are dumb, but I can't really think of anything they can do to that section short of taking it out completely.

Hamiltown, on 26 May 2013 - 6:55 PM, said:

The City of Anaheim owns the stadium and property it sits on. It can't survive with just concerts and monster truck shows. They better make Arte Moreno a sweet deal or he's outta here. That deal will have to include major renovations (much more than what the Dodgers did) and a bigger share of the parking revenue. The City of Anaheim is at his mercy because Arte would have no problem getting partnership for a new stadium elsewhere.

Why would the city have to give up a larger share of the parking? Arte has a pretty sweet deal with Anaheim already, something similar is likely. Arte already gets almost all stadium operations revenue.

And what makes you so sure Arte would have no problem getting a partnership for a new stadium deal elsewhere?

Not to hi jack the thread but I get tired of the name change debate. The only ones who should have a right to bitch about it are those that live in Anaheim...or LOS Angeles. The rest of you who bitch who don't live in Anaheim or Los Angeles sound like those who root for USC or UCLA but never went to school at either.

I've heard that a major problem with the current stadium is it's internal plumbing. The bars and beer stands are constantly having problems with their pipes and its not a simple fix.

it's not a simple fix, but it is fixable.

There are some other infrastructure issues as well, all fixable from what I have been told.

I grew in Palm Springs, so I am an Angels fan and not necessarily an Anaheim fan. Could really care less where the team is located given that it doesn't leave SoCal. 

With that said, if they feel it is reasonable to fix the stadium, then do it. If not, time to move. 

The City of Anaheim owns the stadium and property it sits on. It can't survive with just concerts and monster truck shows. They better make Arte Moreno a sweet deal or he's outta here. That deal will have to include major renovations (much more than what the Dodgers did) and a bigger share of the parking revenue. The City of Anaheim is at his mercy because Arte would have no problem getting partnership for a new stadium elsewhere. 

Problem with your train of thought is, the CoA gets very little revenue from the property.  They would get much much more revenue if they sold the property and developed it.  Right now, I would like anyone to name a lease that is more favorable than the one CoA gave Disney, in which Arte inherited.  

City of Anaheim is not at anyones mercy.  It's more Arte at the mercy, because he has a timeline to make a decision that involves hundreds of millions of dollars.