• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nick Tropeano

had a nice start tonight.  6ip, 2h, 0er, 2b, 6k.  

he's been hit or miss mostly either getting blown up or pitching really well over his last 5 starts.  The other two were 11ip, 15k, 1er.  Of course I'm ignoring the other two starts where he gave up 12 runs over 6 innings.  

Could the PCL factor be relevant here?  

I think it's worth a shot letting him make a few starts.  He was actually pretty serviceable at the major league level in the past. 

Just now, Dochalo said:

he's been hit or miss mostly either getting blown up or pitching really well over his last 5 starts.  The other two were 11ip, 15k, 1er.  Of course I'm ignoring the other two starts where he gave up 12 runs over 6 innings.  

I think it's worth a shot letting him make a few starts.  He was actually pretty serviceable at the major league level in the past. 

He actually seemed like he was on the way to holding down a rotation spot back before his T.J. surgery. Doesn’t seem the same since 

I don't think he ever really recovered from TJS but at this point we don't have very many options so I'm sure he'll be back. Was a lot of fun watching him throw that spilt change for a bit. 

One thing I've noticed though & I'm probably looking wayyyy too much into this but when he's pitched I've noticed his hand has this weird discoloration like he's not getting enough oxygen in there. I wonder if he loses feel while pitching. I've heard of players losing "feeling" after TJ. But like I said, I don't know jack lol. 

44 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Yeah, during the Obama administration.

But, sure. He's on the depth chart. I don't see why he can't re-capture the form he showed in 2015-16 when he looked like a solid #4.

21 minutes ago, Declined said:

I don't think he ever really recovered from TJS but at this point we don't have very many options so I'm sure he'll be back. Was a lot of fun watching him throw that spilt change for a bit. 

One thing I've noticed though & I'm probably looking wayyyy too much into this but when he's pitched I've noticed his hand has this weird discoloration like he's not getting enough oxygen in there. I wonder if he loses feel while pitching. I've heard of players losing "feeling" after TJ. But like I said, I don't know jack lol. 

I think this means he is not master of his domain 

55 minutes ago, Declined said:

Did Tropeano actually have TJS? I thought he had shoulder issues

Just now, arch stanton said:

Did Tropeano actually have TJS? I thought he had shoulder issues

Yeah, he had Tommy John surgery the same year as Heaney in 2016.  He missed 2017 and made 14 starts in 2018 which ended with shoulder inflammation.  If he can be anything near what he was in 2016, he has backend rotation value.

can't stay healthy and is terribly inconsistent. given the situation with the starting five in Anaheim, I'd keep trop around until the season ends as he might be able to help lighten the load a bit. but once the season ends, it's time to part ways with him.