• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade packages

Let's assume the Angels make a trade for a #2 or #3 pitcher come deadline time. Eppler has said if he trades for one that he want's control beyond 2019. Reply with your starter the Angels acquire and what

package the Angels give up for them. I'll start it off:

Option 1

Trade for Robbie Ray

Angels Trade: Matt Thaiss, Jahmai Jones, Michael Hermosillo, Hector Yan

Diamondbacks Trade: Robbie Ray

Option 2

Trade for Marcus Stroman

Angels Trade: Brandon Marsh, Jaime Barria, Hector Yan, Jose Rojas.

Blue Jays Trade: Marcus Stroman

Obviously the ideas aren't exact but those are my thoughts. Your turn!

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m not going to trade Barria or Suarez unless the deal coming back is two pitchers.

Understood. Assuming we would get Stroman and can sign someone like Cole in the offseason, I don't think Barria has much of a spot in the rotation. He'd be our number 5 or 6 guy if anything. Plus he has value. 

5 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Understood. Assuming we would get Stroman and can sign someone like Cole in the offseason, I don't think Barria has much of a spot in the rotation. He'd be our number 5 or 6 guy if anything. Plus he has value. 

I’m talking about the rest of this season.

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Let's assume the Angels make a trade for a #2 or #3 pitcher come deadline time. Eppler has said if he trades for one that he want's control beyond 2019. Reply with your starter the Angels acquire and what

Option 1

Trade for Robbie Ray

Option 2

Trade for Marcus Stroman

Barria is one of five starting pitchers we have now.  How does it help us this year.  Before Skaggs went down or if Heaney wasn't hurt I cam understand the move.

40 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Your betting everything that we sign Cole.

2 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Option 1

Trade for Robbie Ray

Option 2

Trade for Marcus Stroman

I think that's too little for Ray, too much for Stroman. So, of those, I'd pick the Robbie Ray trade.

I'll throw a couple high-end, really bold, really ambitious offers out there.

Option 1:

• Angels receive Matt Boyd and Shane Greene
  • Tigers receive Brandon Marsh, Jose Suarez, Jeremiah Jackson, and Jeremy Beasley, maybe one other fringe arm (Robinson Pina, Cristopher Molina)
    • Matt Boyd's ERA may have gone up (4.07) but he's still working a 1.14 WHIP with a K/9 of 12 - 168 K in 126 IP, only 26 walks. He's controlled for basically 3.5 years, only on $2.6m this year through arb. 
      Shane Greene is controlled this year and next, and has a sparkling 0.87 WHIP with a 1.22 ERA. Originally drafted in Eppler's Yankee years.
      The Angels basically get Suarez' ceiling with a large chunk of control, and at the very least, a durable SP capable of providing Heaney/Skaggs level production. 
      They also receive the reliever they need to ease pressure on the heavily-worked quartet of Robles, Bedrosian, Buttrey, and Anderson - if you can't fix all of the rotation, add to the pen, like the Brewers demonstrated. 
      Greene also could have flippable value next July, if Middleton returns to form, possibly recouping one or two of the guys dealt.
    • Tigers get an MLB-ready LH SP to balance with their soon-to-be-MLB-ready RHP SP group, a potential future All-Star athletic OF with solid, all-around offense and fantastic defense, great for their large OF, the sky-high upside (and risk) of Jeremiah Jackson, and one or two depthy-arms that should see MLB action in some form. 
    • Why it wouldn't happen: Tigers don't buy the ceiling of either Marsh or Suarez, or the Angels think Suarez will be as good as Boyd within a year or two. 

Option 2:

• Angels receive Trevor Bauer and one of Nick Goody/A.J. Cole/Nick Wittgren
  • Indians receive Brandon Marsh, Kole Calhoun, Jaime Barria, Keynan Middleton and Trent Deveaux
    • The Angels decide to make a huge splash and grab Bauer to lead the staff, gambling on their ability to re-sign him in some fashion.
      To facilitate, they may the painful decision to part with Calhoun, so Cleveland can continue their AL Central pursuit with an improved offense to offset the loss of Bauer. The Jo Adell-era begins.
      Barria fills the vacated spot of Bauer. Marsh and Deveaux give Cleveland additional depth at OF in the short and long-term.
      The Angels also trade Middleton's ceiling and future now for immediate help and comparable production from one of Goody/Cole/Wittgren.
      Cleveland counts on Middleton to eventually help them as the summer turns to fall.
    • Why it wouldn't happen: The Angels don't want to move Kole and don't want to take any risk with Bauer.

Option 3:

• Angels receive Noah Syndergaard, Wilson Ramos, Jeurys Familia, and Jason Vargas
  • Indians receive Brandon Marsh, Jose Suarez, Luis Rengifo, Jordyn Adams, and Dustin Garneau/Kevan Smith
    • The Angels go haard after Syndergaard, and take back the salaries of Familia, Ramos and Vargas all to lessen the prospect cost dramatically. 
      Ramos gives the Angels some offense at catcher, Vargas fills the 5th SP role, and Familia becomes an expensive lotto-ticket reliever. Hey, maybe they work the same magic of Robles?
      The Mets get significant salary relief and undo a lot of their FA mistakes, get back a couple OFs to allow them to shop Nimmo or Conforto in near future, and Rengifo, the 'young everyday MLBer' they'd like. 
      Garneau or Smith go back simply to simply balance catchers for both teams. The Mets get a LH SP prospect with control.
    • Why it wouldn't happen: The Angels think Familia is totally, absolutely broken and Syndergaard is far too high-risk. 

Option 4:

• Angels receive Zack Greinke and Robbie Ray and $25m
  • Indians receive Brandon Marsh, Jose Suarez, Jordyn Adams, Kyle Bradish, and Aaron Hernandez
    • The Diamondbacks pay down Greinke's contract to where he costs $25m a year, and the Angels get dynamic Robbie Ray. 
      Marsh and Adams give the Diamondbacks two dynamic outfielders to slot into the relatively near future, and a LH SP prospect ready to step in. 
      Arizona also receives a couple of the Angels better SP prospects that have some level of advancement already to their development, but still a relative middling ceiling.
      Safe arms that should reach the bigs, but nothing too dynamic.
    • Why it wouldn't happen: Too much money for Greinke, not enough prospects for Ray, and too much for the Angels to sacrifice from their future outfield.
Edited by totdprods

To put Tucker in context, Fangraphs has him as a 55 FV prospect. Adell is 65 FV, Marsh 50 FV. So he's closer to Marsh, but still better. He's basically Marsh a year from now if Marsh has a great first half.

That's exactly why the Angels shouldn't trade Marsh. Right now he won't get them a Stroman or Ray, but next year he might. Right now the Angels are more than just a Stroman or Ray from winning the wildcard, but next year they should be better and closer to locking a wildcard spot up.

I'm not opposed to making a trade, but don't do it out of desperation, especially considering there are a few #1-2 pitchers on the free agent market this offseason, and a bunch of #3-4s. 

1 hour ago, krAbs said:

Hoping that Calhoun can be a bit of a trade anchor for us. Its tough, but it almost feels like Eppler needs to pull off a miracle here and do another Simmons type trade. Find a way to oversell our guys to get a pitcher who can help us this year and moving forward.

I think that makes the most sense, at least to me....Calhoun’s having a very good year and you would hate to lose him but we could absorb it with Goodwin this year and maybe Adell next year...but you have to find a team that fits the profile...needs an OF’er and has deep pitching...not sure that’s out there....