• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm sick of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

9 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

Yep, I don't watch them either and also go to the movies a bit less lately thanks to all the garbage they are spewing out lately. But if you look around you can find theaters that show some really great films. Lots of great foreign movies coming out last few years too. You just have to push through the forced-blockbuster comic book crap noise to find them. 

I like some of indie movie theaters. But I think a lot of it is the medium has changed. Now you can stream just about anything while finding foreign or indie movies on Amazon Prime or even some of the staples like HBO run a huge catalogue of flicks.

On 7/27/2019 at 3:47 PM, Brandon said:

I thought I was the only one that felt this way. I've never watched a single movie. The whole thing reminds me of the boyband era where I never participated and just had to bunker down and wait for the phase to die off. I haven't been to the movies in a long time because this shit clogs the theaters.

On 7/28/2019 at 7:52 AM, mrwicked said:

Yep, I don't watch them either and also go to the movies a bit less lately thanks to all the garbage they are spewing out lately. But if you look around you can find theaters that show some really great films. Lots of great foreign movies coming out last few years too. You just have to push through the forced-blockbuster comic book crap noise to find them. 

On 7/28/2019 at 8:03 AM, Brandon said:

I like some of indie movie theaters. But I think a lot of it is the medium has changed. Now you can stream just about anything while finding foreign or indie movies on Amazon Prime or even some of the staples like HBO run a huge catalogue of flicks.

Are you guys gay? Foreign films, Indie? Is Juliette Binoche your favorite actress?

JK. Joking aside, I don't think the trend is going anywhere. With streaming services, people aren't going to the theater as much - unless it is for the spectacle. Would you rather watch Juliette Binoche on the big screen with some weird creeper sitting next to you, or in the comfort of your own home, with Cabernet and dark chocolate?

Movie theaters are--for better or worse--Godzilla and Thor. 

23 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Are you guys gay? Foreign films, Indie? Is Juliette Binoche your favorite actress?

JK. Joking aside, I don't think the trend is going anywhere. With streaming services, people aren't going to the theater as much - unless it is for the spectacle. Would you rather watch Juliette Binoche on the big screen with some weird creeper sitting next to you, or in the comfort of your own home, with Cabernet and dark chocolate?

Movie theaters are--for better or worse--Godzilla and Thor. 

Naw there are plenty of places you can see non blockbuster stuff, and I'm not talking about AMC and their sh*tty popcorn and $48 junior mints. You just have to look. Theaters like Alamo Drafthouse are f*cking awesome - you can see indie stuff or blockbusters or foreign films or older classics, even on 70mm. Complete with legit food and strong cocktails and not smashed into some creep next to you. Highly recommend. Gotta patronize those places if you want them to stay around!

My wife and I saw a showing of Mulholland Drive (one of my top 5 movies) at Alamo Drafthouse recently - had some great whiskey at the bar beforehand, and then legit Texas ribs (they are an Austin-based company) and drinks during the movie. Was epic. There is one in LA, recommend you guys check it out if you haven't. 

39 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

My wife and I saw a showing of Mulholland Drive (one of my top 5 movies) at Alamo Drafthouse recently - had some great whiskey at the bar beforehand, and then legit Texas ribs (they are an Austin-based company) and drinks during the movie. Was epic. There is one in LA, recommend you guys check it out if you haven't. 

Fvcking love Alamo.

My wife and I had our first parents night out at Alamo after we moved to Houston.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

You guys are all a bunch of dicks.

I love the Marvel movies, and some of the DC ones. 

Thor: Ragnarok is fantastic as is Avengers: Infinity War. 

The first 2 X-Men movies are great, as are the first two Iron Man films.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy them I'm just kind of sick of them. I'm sick of Facking Chris Hemsworth. I'm sick of that talking raccoon and Chris Pratt being sorta funny, but not really. I'm sick of Black Panther getting an Oscar nomination because it is supposedly culturally ground-breaking, except it really wasn't. I'm sick of huge battle scenes that are just re-hashes of the same old spectacle. I'm sick of spectacle and special effects taking center stage over story and characterization.

My two favorite MCU characters were Iron Man and Captain America, mostly because of the actors. They're now gone. I'm not optimistic about "Phase 4," which seems like the dregs and/or transitional to whatever big story is next. That said, I am looking forward to "Phase 5" when the Fantastic Four and maybe X-men are introduced. I'm hoping to see the Silver Surfer and Galactus given a proper treatment. 

I’m sick of every movie being comic book, remake, sequel and reboot.  Millennials don’t want to be challenged or watch anything that will last beyond the Walmart DVD bin.

Thank goodness for the success of the new Tarantino movie.  Gen X and Xennial (me, of course) go to movies too.  It’s called variety.  Try it sometime, Hollywood.  Not everything has to be a casualty of Disneyfication.

• 3 months later...
On 7/24/2019 at 5:19 PM, gotbeer said:

They have been getting to PC lately for my tastes.  But yeah, I agree, the story is about the same for each movie.  Hero falls.  Hero gets defeated.  Hero finds some kind of inspiration, and rebounds.  Hero gets up.  Hero wins.  

They're getting too PC?  You've got to be kidding me!  Oh God!  I can think of better reasons why I'm getting sick of the MCU.  Kevin Feige constantly kissing Robert Downey Jr's ass is a big reason for me.

6 hours ago, CTrent29 said:

They're getting too PC?  You've got to be kidding me!  Oh God!  I can think of better reasons why I'm getting sick of the MCU.  Kevin Feige constantly kissing Robert Downey Jr's ass is a big reason for me.

Everything that’s to the left of Hitler and isn’t Pure Flix propaganda  is too PC for these stubborn dense crybabies.  All these nut jobs are suddenly whining about Star Wars as if they’ve become reverse woke by believing that Darth Vader is good and Luke et al are bad.  Up is down and black is...

d4d549d42f3ecc1e1383e22953e2af23.gif