• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s all coming together

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I get that.   But if they can sign Cole, why not do it?    

Im not against that at all, AO. I was just piggybacking @GrittyVeterans in that we shouldnt be quick to make trades to win this year. If we were 1 or 2 players away, sure. And we almost sort of are. The problem is the 1 or 2 guys are frontline pitchers... that aint happening.

Signing a FA like Cole this winter is a totally different scenario. Whether its him or someone like him, im all for. Im also for trading our prospects for impact players... but only if its impact players who will still be good in 2021-2023.

I look at it like this. Go back to 2011. We has weaver and haren and santana, which were rad. But a pretty boring offense, and texas was peaking.

Wouldnt we have been better off being average for 2012-2014, rolling with trumbo, that core, and trout and having guys like segura etc, and the financial flexibility (and some other prospect depth) than the way we went? Aybar and Kendrick would have been our vets, not albert, hamilton etc. At worst, probably the same results... but less money.

Hindsight is 2020 of course. And i dont know we could have known that weave haren and santana would fall off so quickly. But a boring first 2 or 3 years of trouts career would have likely led to a lot more exciting next 4, if we didnt try to win too soon when we were actually thinner than we realized.

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

Oh, thought you might have been getting pervy. 

Yes, I have. Lots. 

That's goods to hear. 

I think he catches a ton of heat because he's very much a free thinker and sports is so much about buying into a system.  Greinke seems like the same sort of dude.  

Mike Mussina was another guy that caught shit like that.  

Also, I don't own a bunk.

Edited by Inside Pitch

So no celebrating hot streaks but feel free to make whatever thread you want that’s negative ?? okay 

this is an inconsistent team, they have been all year. They are exactly what a .500 team is.. they get hot for 3-4 games but don’t have the pitching or consistent hitters to sustain a decent win streak.