• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The quest for .500

Claude

15 minutes ago, Lou said:

If that's the criteria, we should be able to get a better return on our younger/better players

Ok, I’ll rephrase, if we can acquire good bullpen arms for our guys that are expendable then by all means.  I am sure you know this, but I was referring to trading for the back end of the bullpen guys, whether it is a closer or a set up man where it will cost young talent, and I wasn’t referring to us sending away guys that aren’t part of the future for pieces that can be used by us in the future.  

1 hour ago, floplag said:

No i watched it just fine but then i see him meltdown over a gopher ball this year and it tells a different story.  The series was years ago, he doesnt seem the same guy today.   Its just my opinion. 

That was one time. I've watched him pitch a lot over the past few years (SF is my 2nd favorite team) and he is a stud. 

Fyi, after his "meltdown", he pitched 6.2 innings and gave up 0 runs. Not quite mentally weak, if you ask me.

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok, I’ll rephrase, if we can acquire good bullpen arms for our guys that are expendable then by all means.  I am sure you know this, but I was referring to trading for the back end of the bullpen guys, whether it is a closer or a set up man where it will cost young talent, and I wasn’t referring to us sending away guys that aren’t part of the future for pieces that can be used by us in the future.  

Yeah, I didn't see where anyone suggested we trade for a closer. 

20 minutes ago, Lou said:

That was one time. I've watched him pitch a lot over the past few years (SF is my 2nd favorite team) and he is a stud. 

Fyi, after his "meltdown", he pitched 6.2 innings and gave up 0 runs. Not quite mentally weak, if you ask me.

Fair enough youve probably watched him more than i have so ill take your word for it.  I kinda hope youre right actually as we do match up very well with SF. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Dude always turns into someone else once the postseason starts...

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/bumgama01.shtml#pitching_postseason::none  

0.25 ERA in the WS...   I dont care if it's only 5 games..   Thats ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

I guess it will be exciting if and when they finally get to .500. It kind of feels like having a kid who keeps failing 8th grade, and then they finally move on to high school at age 17.

And immediately become the starting Tailback on the Varsity squad.

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Side question, as I assume you know the GMen better than I, what would you assess their needs as being?  OF obviously and then? 

9 minutes ago, floplag said:

Side question, as I assume you know the GMen better than I, what would you assess their needs as being?  OF obviously and then? 

You didn't ask me but.... they can use help everywhere offensively.  Their best hitter this year has been Sandoval, yes -- that Sandoval.  Other than Sandoval and Belt (120 OPS+), they don't have a truly above average bat at any position.   They have six regulars with an OPS+ under 76 -- it's a total wasteland and their AAA team doesn't have much to offer.

Look at how brutal their AAA team is...  https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/team.cgi?id=e04ef8c2

Edited by Inside Pitch

11 minutes ago, floplag said:

Yes lol

They need help everywhere. Can't hit for avg, power, obp, etc.

Need SP and at least a backup catcher. 

They're a mess 

26 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

You didn't ask me but.... they can use help everywhere offensively.  Their best hitter this year has been Sandoval, yes -- that Sandoval.  Other than Sandoval and Belt (120 OPS+), they don't have a truly above average bat at any position.   They have six regulars with an OPS+ under 76 -- it's a total wasteland and their AAA team doesn't have much to offer.

Look at how brutal their AAA team is...  https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/team.cgi?id=e04ef8c2

ouch!  

22 minutes ago, Lou said:

Yes lol

They need help everywhere. Can't hit for avg, power, obp, etc.

Need SP and at least a backup catcher. 

They're a mess 

For both... They have some people at some spots i dont think they replace though or are likely to trade, .. Belt, Crawford, Longoria, Panik, etc... but their OF is as bad as ive ever seen.  Are they going to want kids to compete down the line or are they hoping for another every other year thing?   :)
So it comes down to what it would take in trade.  

Just now, RBM said:

Their team batting numbers are actually a little better than our SLC Bees. 

It's not the numbers it's the ages of the players and their respective ability to help them moving forward.  Other than Shaw there isn't anyone they can consider a part of their future aged 25 or younger...

Just now, RBM said:

True. I went back and looked at the 2016 SLC team and it had the same vibe. A lot of career minor leaguers back then but it’s not like that now. 

Yep, that 2016 team was 4A fodder.... There was nothing to build with....  That Sacramento team just has nothing.