• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Blue Jays 6/17/2019 4:07 Start (Upton batting 4th)

57 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Just saw a train wreck of a slide in the college world series. Michigan runner tries to slide headfirst into third and lands early and awkward, not really sliding. One of those hands first slide but they weren't forward enough and it's like he did a flop and bounced his head off the clay before kind of a crash landing into third. Pretty damn ugly and will probably hit the Twitter circuit soon. They were bandaging his forehead up in the dugout. 

Definitely a train wreck of a slide!

4 hours ago, krAbs said:

Fun to watch this team starting to get healthy. What we are putting on the field right now is not a sub-.500 team. Especially once Simmons is back. I'm hoping they turn it on the second half of this year and take the league by storm.

It will continue to be sub 500 until our starting pitching improves. 

11 hours ago, stormngt said:

It will continue to be sub 500 until our starting pitching improves. 

I don't hate a rotation with Suarez, Canning, Skaggs, Heaney, and the best 5th pitcher we can find in our system (pena? trop? barria? jc ramirez? one of the injured F*ck-faces who we payed like 15 million for?). Skaggs and Heaney both need to step up, though.

Obviously its still not "tip top", and our priority in the off season should be adding an ace to the top of it, but its starting to feel less like a huge open wound on the team.

1 hour ago, krAbs said:

I don't hate a rotation with Suarez, Canning, Skaggs, Heaney, and the best 5th pitcher we can find in our system (pena? trop? barria? jc ramirez? one of the injured F*ck-faces who we payed like 15 million for?). Skaggs and Heaney both need to step up, though.

Obviously its still not "tip top", and our priority in the off season should be adding an ace to the top of it, but its starting to feel less like a huge open wound on the team.

I agree our pitching problems can be solved in house.  However overall the staff has to pitch better.  

I love Canning and Suarez.   However they are inexperienced and cant pitch deep into games.   Skaggs and heaney but primarily Skaggs needs to pitch better.  He is capable.  He needs to do it.

Pena needs to pitch better.  I would have given a better chance to Barria as he proved to be a solid back end starter last year.  

We do have help coming with Middleton and JC Ramirez coming back 

10 minutes ago, Lou said:

Upton didn't get enough love for his performance.

He still showed he has his timing, despite missing 72 games. First pitch, no problem! And those really strong wrists. Looks effortless when he makes solid contact. A real professional hitter and solid, experienced player. These types often get overlooked because they aren't flashy, but are the backbone of deep teams.