• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Twins @ Angels 5/22/2019 (Cozart SS 6:07 Start)

1 hour ago, Tank said:

first angels home game to be rained out since 1995.

49 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I believe this is the first PPD game at Angel Stadium since 1992.

AO?

wrong richard attenborough GIF

Per the OC register:

It is only the 12th rain-delayed game in Angel Stadium history, and just the second time the Angels have had to postpone a home game due to weather since June of 1995. The last was July 19, 2015 against the Boston Red Sox. That rainout was the first since June 16, 1995 (against the Chicago White Sox) and snapped a streak of 1,609 consecutive home games for the Angels without a rainout.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I must've forgotten that a game got rained out in Southern California in the middle of July. WTF?

It’s okay, that day just came to mind immediately for me because I started my first credited position the next day. And it was a rainout in the middle of July. Quite a memorable couple days haha.

It was definitely a warm, muggy Florida type of rainout that day

That Twitter report conflicts with the televised report from Tim Mead. He specifically said it was postponed due to playing conditions on the field. 

As far as the Twitter feed, in a way the weather caused the flooding so it is partially accurate. Simpler just to post it was postponed due to weather, most fans get that.

You, however, are just a nit picking old lady. So there's that. 

Just now, Blarg said:

That Twitter report conflicts with the televised report from Tim Mead. He specifically said it was postponed due to playing conditions on the field. 

As far as the Twitter feed, in a way the weather caused the flooding so it is partially accurate. Simpler just to post it was postponed due to weather, most fans get that.

You, however, as just a nit oucking old lady. So there's that. 

No.

People with a brain say to themselves, "WTF? I live five miles from the stadium, it rained for 15 minutes today, it is sunny at 7:00, and this game is called for 'weather'?  Makes zero sense."

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You, however, as just a nit oucking old lady. So there's that. 

Read the comments to that twitter feed.

10 hours ago, mp170.6 said:

They posted the rainout policy for this game https://www.mlb.com/angels/tickets/rainout-policy

Does this exchange/refund have to be completed BEFORE tomorrow's makeup game?  Nobody is answering the phones.

The policy doesn't say anything about a time limit.

You have an unused 5/22 ticket, you can exchange it or get a refund, if you bought the ticket from the Angels. That's how I read it.

You're telling me a guy named "Trout" can't play in a little water?  Sounds fishy to me.

Tim Salmon was on the pre-game show and he said he would have wanted to play.  Now that's a King fish.  A little water doesn't scare that fish

Conclusion:

Salmon > Trout.