• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Brad Ausmus Files: Bour for Fletcher Part II

From what I have read in threads in several places, Big Brain Brad, as I have seen him labeled elsewhere, has a lot o' splainin' to do for his game strategy tonight  

We get to see him make some more game decisions starting at 10 a.m.Wednesday.

BTW, what's Mike doing lately? I haven't heard a peep about him since October.

19 minutes ago, Stradling said:

In case the sarcasm wasn’t clear, I’m not at all surprised the manager replacing Scioscia is worse at in game decisions.  

Im not sure I'm ready to go that far yet, but maybe give it another month? He's made some moves that Im confident Scioscia never would've. At the same time I do think Mike was more likely to make a questionable move. Im not sure how they weigh out, big blunders vs repeated questionable calls.

3 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

ANother thing that i did not understand is why he didn't ask the umps if the catcher was blocking home plate or not? to me it looked like 50/50.

They have a guy whose only job (not sure if that’s his only job) is to look at the replays and tell them whether or not to challenge.  

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Nice post @True Grich.  Hold him accountable by asking the tough questions, my guess is @Jeff Fletcher or someone asked him why he pinch hit for Fletcher.   He answered it by saying he wanted a home run hitter.   There’s no real accountability there. 

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not... I want someone to hold him accountable for the phrase "it's a performance based game" and yet - not using that philosophy in this case. 

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not... I want someone to hold him accountable for the phrase "it's a performance based game" and yet - not using that philosophy in this case. 

Oh gotcha, sorry I missed that part. 

11 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Ausmus said he was looking for a home run.  

so much for playing the odds with Trout two batters away.  

good facking grief.  what a heap of shit.  

Strange, I was looking for a manager with a plan rather than a hope for a homerun.

Earl Weaver is dead. (RIP)

2 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

Unbelievably dumbass call by Ausmus. Glad his boy toy Bouron is gone. 

Also, why the hell did he not challenge the Ohtani play at the plate? I only caught bits of the game on my phone (I was watching the #1 team in the nation beat up on the Eaters) but he looked like he could’ve been safe. 

Is blocking the plate illegally not reviewable?

46 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Ausmus manages like a guy with Asperger's.

Lefty/righty, righty/lefty obsession. 

What a disaster.

That's what the new age guys do..   Hunches, gut, believing in the player.   That's the stuff dinosaurs like MS would turn to.

I don't have a problem with a manager playing the odds -- that's the sort of crap that's commonplace with the saber guys, not sure why people are shocked at this.   I have a problem with him looking for the HR from a guy that's not really shown any of that this year and the utter lack of concern for defense in LF once they pulled Fletcher.   

Maybe it graded out as the best option, but I find it hard to believe this was an analytics based decision if for no other reason because of his own post game comments.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Ausmus manages like a guy with Asperger's.

Lefty/righty, righty/lefty obsession. 

What a disaster.

I mean the Angels are top 10 to top 5 in basically every hitting stat. Even more so since the lineup has started to come together and there is less shifting/playing shitty people (top 5 to top 3 in everything over the last 3 weeks). This is a completely misguided comment simply based on a terrible pinch hitting decision. Pitching is still far and a way the main issue for this team. 

2 minutes ago, IIIII said:

I mean the Angels are top 10 to top 5 in basically every hitting stat. Even more so since the lineup has started to come together and there is less shifting/playing shitty people. This is a completely misguided comment simply based on a terrible pinch hitting decision. 

Yep

54 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I don't have a problem with a manager playing the odds -- that's the sort of crap that's commonplace with the saber guys, not sure why people are shocked at this.   I have a problem with him looking for the HR from a guy that's not really shown any of that this year and the utter lack of concern for defense in LF once they pulled Fletcher.  

Maybe Ausmus just wanted to get a good night's sleep.  He knew the likely outcome based on past performance.  He was tired. He needed to get his rest so that he can spend Thursday surfing.

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

Maybe Ausmus just wanted to get a good night's sleep.  He knew the likely outcome based on past performance.  He was tired. He needed to get his rest so that he can spend Thursday surfing.

I prefer to believe he simply tried to be a good dude and gave the guy a chance to go down feeling good about himself.   Im sure someone may try to say Im guilty of trying to paint a positive spin on something I have already derided as a terrible decision but, it's something I could at least understand.

50 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I prefer to believe he simply tried to be a good dude and gave the guy a chance to go down feeling good about himself.   Im sure someone may try to say Im guilty of trying to paint a positive spin on something I have already derided as a terrible decision but, it's something I could at least understand.

exactly what I thought. Its the only way to somewhat understand it