• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB Network's Christopher Russo: "Millennials don’t work as hard and have no accountability"

Chuck

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

Yeah, I have to second this. The number of kids with a selfish, me-first attitude keeps rising every year.  Several of my current eighth graders are in for a rude awakening (hi AO!) when they get their first job.

Mine are in for the awakening once they get to high school. Getting held accountable is going to be an earth shattering reality. Some will adjust, but most lack the intestinal fortitude to rise to the occasion and will turn to mommy and daddy to fix it and when they can't, the kids will give up. 

We (my school) simply haven't prepared them for the realities they will face. Sure, their elementary experience has been unforgettable and their scores reflect their intelligence and aptitude to be firmly above grade level. But they're soft and haven't the slightest idea how to navigate adversity. They'll fold like a deck of cards and blame the whole world for their problems. 

Oddly enough, it's my B/C students that are going to be just fine. Those are the ones that have had to work at it. 

I have a life long habit of taking night/evening courses at local CCs in whichever subject currently holds my interest. Anywho, I saw a young classmate from an economics course in the library one day and decided to ask him about an opinion he had expressed in class. When I respectfully disagreed with him, he claimed this spot to be his "safe place."

Bad mistake, haha.

When I left approximately two minutes later he was actually sobbing. I prefer to think that I had provided him with a valuable life lesson. Welcome to reality, haha.

11 hours ago, Taylor said:

As a millennial, I can say with authority that there are plenty of my fellow millennials who are entitled, lazy, and self-focused.

I can also say with authority that there are just as many millennials who are hard-working and genuinely concerned about the needs of others.

I know plenty of abusive and narcissistic boomers and gen Xers.

There were no doubt parents from both eras who did their kids a disservice.

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

There were no doubt parents from both eras who did their kids a disservice.

I theorize that the ww 2 generation had to struggle so much for survival during the depression.  In the post war there was an abundance of economic opportunity so they were able to give their kids more luxuries.  Those kids did to their children.  Up to a point where the new generation has luxuries without fully appreciating what life is like without them.

34 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I theorize that the ww 2 generation had to struggle so much for survival during the depression.  In the post war there was an abundance of economic opportunity so they were able to give their kids more luxuries.  Those kids did to their children.  Up to a point where the new generation has luxuries without fully appreciating what life is like without them.

There hasn’t been a generational struggle in this country since the Great Depression. All of us on here are spoiled in that regard. 

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

There hasn’t been a generational struggle in this country since the Great Depression. All of us on here are spoiled in that regard. 

First, my point is that each generation becomes more spoiled.   This generation has "jumped the shark" when it comes to being spoiled.

Second, I do not really agree that we havent had a generational struggle since great depression.  Korean war, and Vietnam War was life and death that those young adults had to face.  The civil rights movement is proof that segments of society was in a life and death situation in the 60s.  

13 hours ago, Tank said:

Yeah, I have to second this. The number of kids with a selfish, me-first attitude keeps rising every year.  Several of my current eighth graders are in for a rude awakening (hi AO!) when they get their first job.

12 hours ago, Second Base said:

Mine are in for the awakening once they get to high school. Getting held accountable is going to be an earth shattering reality. Some will adjust, but most lack the intestinal fortitude to rise to the occasion and will turn to mommy and daddy to fix it and when they can't, the kids will give up. 

We (my school) simply haven't prepared them for the realities they will face. Sure, their elementary experience has been unforgettable and their scores reflect their intelligence and aptitude to be firmly above grade level. But they're soft and haven't the slightest idea how to navigate adversity. They'll fold like a deck of cards and blame the whole world for their problems. 

Oddly enough, it's my B/C students that are going to be just fine. Those are the ones that have had to work at it. 

Thank you both for your service.  You efforts, perseverance and patience are greatly appreciated.

The baby boomer generation is the absolute worst. They were handed the keys to the most prosperous nation on earth, with zero geo-political or economic rivals, and what do they have to show for it? Runaway pollution causing a global climate change, mass extinction, the worst economic collapse outside of the great depression, staggering national debt, insane tuition costs in an economy that requires college education and an economic recovery featuring flat wage growth for everyone else. Not to mention insane increases in housing costs, ever increasing taxes and Donald Facking Trump.

Yeah let's shit on millennials...

14 hours ago, stormngt said:

As the offspring of the WW2 generation, a grandson of immigrants on both sides of the family, all veterans from both grandpas to father and uncles, I agree with this

However.......theres something to be said about those of us who grew up raised by those who didnt have anything, and fought to get what they had.

Grow up with a roof (rich!) and food (rich!) and youre doing good. Then your dad and grandparents remind you how much worse they had it, especially the one whos missing pieces of his body...and you grow up humble.

Ill add. For every kid that complains about the economy, ill show him my bullet scar and explain what the 90s in LA were like. 

Some have it better than others. Be it with women, body fat or jokes. The rest of us have to work. 

I wasnt blessed with rich relatives, but I was spoiled as F with amazing ones.