• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

At what point might the team consider just releasing Cozart?

mmc

2 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

He has for sure been unlucky with the injuries but you have to wonder if that shoulder injury took him from being a mediocre player to being one of the worst in the league. Not his fault, but also doesn't inspire confidence that he'll rebound.

With Rengifo, Fletcher, La Stella playing as well as they have I think it's tough to justify him being given too many chances. I'd also rather give Thaiss/Ward at bats over Cozart down the stretch

I agree with you, but these things rarely go the way us fans would like them to go.  I'll be surprised if they release Cozart prior to the end of his contract.  As a fan, I guess it's easier to just hope he rebounds.

47 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

an aw classic.  

we should have traded him when we had the chance.  

or 

even though a bunch of dudes on a message board can recognize that a guy sucks, it would go completely unnoticed by a professional baseball general manager as long as you 'sell' it. 

you have to know how to bullshit or it'll never work 

16 minutes ago, Lou said:

you have to know how to bullshit or it'll never work 

Eppler doesn’t have a Dipoto of a chance to move Cozart.

Jerry always brought in the big guns in these situations. He was a genius.

The end result would usually include Arte writing a check. 

Edited by Calzone 2

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

an aw classic.  

or 

even though a bunch of dudes on a message board can recognize that a guy sucks, it would go completely unnoticed by a professional baseball general manager as long as you 'sell' it. 

Redsox dumped all of their dead weight on the dodgers, Marlins are famous for doing it to every single free agent.

But not the angels. The entire league is colluding on them!

Hamilton was dumped to save a few bucks, so was Vernon Wells. Gary Mathews jr? Mo Facking Vaughn ring a bell?

I'm shocked such a statement is coming from an angel fan of all people. 

5 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Redsox dumped all of their dead weight on the dodgers, Marlins are famous for doing it to every single free agent.

Hamilton was dumped to save a few bucks, so was Vernon Wells. I'm shocked such a statement is coming from an angel fan of all people. This happened only a few years ago, wtf?

But the bottom line is the Angels were going to pay almost every dollar of his salary no matter what. Probably would have had to eat 20/26 million owed to him if he was moved in the offseason. Possibly more. Would you pay more than $2M per season for a 33 year old coming off a serious shoulder injury who probably wasn’t that good to begin with? Of course not. Other teams GMs aren’t idiots(except for a couple)

i can’t blame them for not wanting to do that after year 1 of a 3 year deal. 

It wasn’t a good signing, it is what it is

8 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Hamilton was dumped to save a few bucks, so was Vernon Wells. Gary Mathews jr? Mo Facking Vaughn ring a bell?

I'm shocked such a statement is coming from an angel fan of all people. 

Relax. You need to be more patient. The market for $26M players that are hitting .109 with a -0.6 war is kinda slow right now. 

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

It's funny and confusing to read the replies you guy are making to someone I blocked (since I can't see the original post).

I think Cozart has had some bad luck with injuries and will likely be given every opportunity to rebound whether we like it or not.

I’ve only been here a day and I’ve already gotten blocked ☹️

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

an aw classic.  

or 

Tbf, this is the same logic we hear with regards to dumping one of our one-year contracts for a useful prospect at the trade deadline. No one's giving us anything for Harvey/Cahill/etc

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We got Rengifo, Buttrey and Sandoval for Cron, Kinsler and Maldonado. 

Because they were actually decent. Harvey/Cahill/Bourjos/Stratton/etc are Espinosa/Joyce levels of bad. They never fetch decent prospects and hopefully will be dumped soon. Also Cron was an offseason trade. 

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

an aw classic.  

or 

Woah this got a response from fletcher

It is apparent the Angels will release him sometime this season. They have eaten much bigger contracts in the past. He is owed $13 mil next season. He will get released and catch on with some team for the minimum as a utility if'er.  That way he makes another $2-3 hundred thousand. I was one of those who really wanted the Angels to sign him, but he has turned out to be a turd in the punchbowl.

52 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Nope... not you.

Can you please start a who blocks who thread so we don’t need to be reminded on a daily basis about how special and unique you are because you block posters. Enough already. 

Oh wait, you can’t see this post. Can someone else please pass this on to true little bitch. Thank you in advance. 

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

an aw classic.  

or 

If you bothered reading my post, I didn't say we should have traded him when we had the chance. I said we should have traded him while he still had an iota of trade value before the season starts and he totally shits the bed like I knew he would. He didn't have much trade value, but there's always a team willing to take a risk in hopes of a rebound. Now he has none, he's as worthless and unwanted as Pujols.

As for the rest of your nonsensical post, can you tell me why the Rangers GM didn't recognize Hamilton sucks, or the Yanks GM didn't recognize Vernon Wells sucks. Angels got money back from both those transactions, correct? Angels even got a couple (irrelevant) minor leaguers in the deal.

Ya, that's what I thought

1 hour ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Because they were actually decent. Harvey/Cahill/Bourjos/Stratton/etc are Espinosa/Joyce levels of bad. They never fetch decent prospects and hopefully will be dumped soon. Also Cron was an offseason trade. 

Harvey has made 6 starts, 3 good and 3 bad.  Maybe it is 7 starts 3 good and 4 bad, regardless if he puts together some decent outings he can have some value.  I know how this next sentence is going to sound, which it will sound like, “well if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle” but Harvey was one out away from having another solid outing this past weekend.  He had allowed 2 runs in 4 2/3 and was taken out with 57 pitches.  If he gets that third out he goes 5 and allows 2 runs.  Instead Bedrosian gives up the granny.  

21 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

If you bothered reading my post, I didn't say we should have traded him when we had the chance. I said we should have traded him while he still had an iota of trade value before the season starts and he totally shits the bed like I knew he would. He didn't have much trade value, but there's always a team willing to take a risk in hopes of a rebound. Now he has none, he's as worthless and unwanted as Pujols.

As for the rest of your nonsensical post, can you tell me why the Rangers GM didn't recognize Hamilton sucks, or the Yanks GM didn't recognize Vernon Wells sucks. Angels got money back from both those transactions, correct? Angels even got a couple (irrelevant) minor leaguers in the deal.

Ya, that's what I thought

Wells and Hamilton were actual stars at one point.  Cozart has never been all that great except for his outlier, contract season