• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels Mount Rushmore....

Chuck

2 minutes ago, Dick Enberg said:

Fregosi, Salmon, Vlad, Trout

I thought about excluding Nolan Ryan, but damn... he set so many records when he was with us and was completely dominate. 

Scioscia or Fregosi is a good pick. 

32 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Replace Ryan with Scioscia would be mine.

Might get heat for that, but you can't not recognize Mike's contributions to the Angels. Besides, Ryan may have had his most dominant moments here but he never struck me as a Mr. Angel type.

Sorry not with you on this.  One championship.  At some point the longevity against that one championship starts to work against him.

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

I thought about excluding Nolan Ryan, but damn... he set so many records when he was with us and was completely dominate. 

Scioscia or Fregosi is a good pick. 

Fregosi was Mr. Angel back in the 60's. Kind of like what Salmon was in the 90's. Not a Superstar, but All-Star material. Both just all around great guys. Vlad, because he worn our cap into the HOF. Trout, because he is the greatest player in my life time.

Ryan did well, but not one I would call a true Angel like the others I listed.

Ive been hesitant to answer this one as 4 is really rough.
My first though was Ryan, Baylor, Vlad, Salmon.    Grich, Downing came to mind... and of course Trout
But really it makes little sense to not have Trout on it at this point and as much as it pains me to do so i would have to add Trout over Salmon. 
How some of you can not put Baylor on this disturbs me though. :)

Fregosi, Trout, Salmon, Garret Anderson.  If you had a pitchers Mt Rushmore, it would be Ryan, Tanana, Finley, Percival.  I left Vlad out only because he played only 5 years for the Angels. He would be my next choice. Next choice for pitcher would be Mike Witt.

Jeff Juden, Hubie Brooks, Gary Gaetti, and Von Hayes 

Seriously, this one will take some thinking beyond Trout and Vlad, the two sure guys.  

Trout = greatest MLB player this decade.

Vlad = first Halos player in the MLB HOF, and played well enough along with that to deserve a spot.