• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels Mount Rushmore....

Chuck

1 hour ago, Dick Enberg said:

Fregosi was Mr. Angel back in the 60's. Kind of like what Salmon was in the 90's. Not a Superstar, but All-Star material. Both just all around great guys. Vlad, because he worn our cap into the HOF. Trout, because he is the greatest player in my life time.

Ryan did well, but not one I would call a true Angel like the others I listed.

Nolan Ryan was very much an Angels type guy. He pitched all out every four days and if it wasn’t for Buzzi Bavasi he probably would have been an Angel for a long time. 

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Who's your 4 Angels faces chiseled on the side of a mountain? 

I'm going with Mike Trout, Vlad Guerrero, Nolan Ryan & Tim Salmon.

How about yours?

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Sorry not with you on this.  One championship.  At some point the longevity against that one championship starts to work against him.

Only championship for the franchise.  Only manager with winning record for Angel's.  Longest tenure manager for the Angels.

Four straight division titles.

It is the mount Rushmore fir the Angels....right?  Not for the mlb!

There needs to be a distinction.  Are we evaluating the major contributions to Angel's franchise?

Or evaluating overall careers?  Or greatness?

I think it should be those who had the greatest impact on the Angel's franchise.  If that's the case:

Gene Autry, Mike Scioscia, Tim Salmon, Nolan Ryan. 

Tough to pick Ryan over Vladdy.  I picked Ryan because he was the first to play like a HOF as an Angel.  Salmon because he had a great career and it was all with the Angels... not to mention WS championship.

And Trout?  They need to start building a fifth statue. He isnt worthy over Ryan, Vladdy, or Salmon yet....but will surpass them all very soon.  In fact give him his own mountain monument by the time his career ends.

If we are evaluating just pure greatness:

Trout, Ryan, Vladdy, Salmon Trout again.