• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread 4/15 Angels @ Rangers (Trout back!)

3 minutes ago, RedEyeBleed said:

Yeah, at home eating lobster tails and filet mignons. I’m his butcher he came in on Friday and bought 6 lobster tails and 3 pounds of filet mignon. He said he wasn’t traveling with the team and felt good it was the cold weather that kept him out of the line up. 

Hopefully Mike Trout the Blimp doesn't make a comeback.

40 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Lol Pujols batting cleanup again.

If you believe in OPS then Albert deserves to be batting in the top 4 of this line up.  If you’d rather see Tommy La Stella at four, ok.  Until others start hitting and others come back I am fine where he is.  If Bour was playing Albert would be hitting 5th or 6th.  

24 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Kole just isn't meant for leading off. I think he'd be more successful batting at the bottom of the order. Then again it's all arbitrary. I just think it's mental at this point. 

Yep. As much shit as I've given La Stella, he needs to be leading off. Either him or Fletcher. Calhoun is such a disappointment. 

21 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

It's time to give Goodwin some reps batting leadoff, I think. 

The good news is that Fletcher is finally playing every game, which he absolutely deserves. Doesn't matter what position it's in, get him in there every single game. One of our top 5 position players

Goodwin, La Stella or Fletcher would all be good candidates. 

I'm really not sure why the hell Calhoun is leading off. 

It's still incredibly early in the season. Team ok around .500 with big bats returning before summer kicks in. 

No need to panic or knee jerk react to slow starts yet.

With Kole and Albert people are projecting a continuation of their decline from last year. That very well may happen, but give them adequate time and more opportunity till a large enough data base is established for this specific season.

As Tiger proved, redemption is possible and adequate recovery from major injuries possible. Baseball isn't golf, but Albert especially deserves patience this season until the results are so self evident that change is unavoidable.

Kole is different based on career status, and a change in batting order should be contemplated. Until a full time young replacement is on the roster it's a matter of juggling lineups to get the best matchup in each game. But he still is worth having patience now because of his defense, savvy and contract year motivation. 

As long as the team plays respectably till Ohtani and Upton return I wouldn't give up on these guys. 

38 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

As Tiger proved, redemption is possible and adequate recovery from major injuries possible. Baseball isn't golf, but Albert especially deserves patience this season until the results are so self evident that change is unavoidable.

Albert is so slow, he loses hits, and turns fielder choices into double plays. There is no regaining speed...