• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Mariners seem pretty good

At what point does DiPoto jettison Servais?  Because they are tied to the hip I think Servais survives this season but is not brought back next year.  Talent is one thing, but you have to be able to coach fundamentals and communication.   This team is just horrid in both areas.  And, its’ not like the players would have a problem with Servais going as he’s not particularly popular in the clubhouse.  

4 hours ago, bruin5 said:

At what point does DiPoto jettison Servais?  Because they are tied to the hip I think Servais survives this season but is not brought back next year.  Talent is one thing, but you have to be able to coach fundamentals and communication.   This team is just horrid in both areas.  And, its’ not like the players would have a problem with Servais going as he’s not particularly popular in the clubhouse.  

How do you know Servais is not popular in the clubhouse?

Not sure why anyone thinks Servais will be fired .... it's not his fault the players suck.

The front office said this year would be a step back! I don't understand why people are surprised the Mariners suck. 

They went into this season with a shitty pitching staff and NO bullpen at all. No one knew the defense would be so bad, but real Mariner fans knew the team would suck.

14 minutes ago, Ender said:

Not sure why anyone thinks Servais will be fired .... it's not his fault the players suck.

The front office said this year would be a step back! I don't understand why people are surprised the Mariners suck. 

They went into this season with a shitty pitching staff and NO bullpen at all. No one knew the defense would be so bad, but real Mariner fans knew the team would suck.

It's the hot start they had coupled with the collapse.  To start 13-2 and then go 12-37 is pretty remarkable.  

15 hours ago, bruin5 said:

Servais isn't going anywhere he is his boy...   He's more likely to just let him keep firing coaches and paint players as malcontents than get rid of him or worry about him being popular in the clubhouse..  As far as some of the fundamentals talk goes... Jerry did his usual hype job when talking up the hiring of Perry Hill and his artistry as an infield coach https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/mariners-announced-the-hiring-of-perry-hill-to-serve-as-infield-and-first-base-coach/  He will likely go the way of Tim Bogar, Mel Stottlemyer Jr,  Casey Candeale, and Mike Hampton....  then there will be another puff piece proclaiming the greatness of the next guy.  Jerry 101.

Personally I hope they stay there a long while. 

On 6/5/2019 at 10:56 AM, bruin5 said:

Two reasons.  First, it was pretty public that there were clubhouse issues last year.  Second, I do have a source. 

The clubhouse issues were between Segura and Dee Gordon. Segura mouthed off about Dee messing up a play in CF ... but he never should have been out there anyway. There was a locker room scuffle. That is the only drama that happened in the clubhouse that the public knows about from last year. 

Unless you count Felix being salt about being demoted to the bullpen for sucking as a clubhouse issue.

Source? What's your source? Some random blog?

On 6/4/2019 at 10:40 PM, Ender said:

We've all seen several good managers canned because of a "change in direction."

Of course that being said I see Servais staying on, at least until the Mariners start winning again.

On 6/6/2019 at 9:12 PM, Ender said:

The clubhouse issues were between Segura and Dee Gordon. Segura mouthed off about Dee messing up a play in CF ... but he never should have been out there anyway. There was a locker room scuffle. That is the only drama that happened in the clubhouse that the public knows about from last year. 

Unless you count Felix being salt about being demoted to the bullpen for sucking as a clubhouse issue.

Source? What's your source? Some random blog?

Who’s surprised the Mariners suck? It’s awesome. They only thing I’m bummed about is Dipoto wasn’t able to con ownership into another extension like they did after their last hot start. 

13 hours ago, red321 said:

Who’s surprised the Mariners suck? It’s awesome. They only thing I’m bummed about is Dipoto wasn’t able to con ownership into another extension like they did after their last hot start. 

But they have a top 10 farm.......

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

18-43 since the 13-2 start.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/mariners-sunday-mailbag-explaining-the-japanese-origin-of-the-teams-new-slogan/

Manager Scott Servais does have a mantra each year for the team, which is supposed to serve as a reminder of their purpose and responsibility. Last year’s was “Good,” which was adopted from a saying that was used by Navy SEALs.

This year, Servais chose a Japanese word: Kaizen.
An avid reader, Servais got it from a book by Masaaki Imai called “Kaizen: The key to Japan’s competitive success.” He seems to read many self-improvement and coaching books.Loosely translated, kaizen means a philosophy of continuous improvement. Servais had shirts and posters made up before spring training with the word in English and in Japanese Kanji.

“You are always looking for things, themes to grasp on to,” he said during spring training. “I didn’t really know what kaizen was until a couple of months ago. It makes sense. We are trying to get better. It’s a daily process to continue improvement. It’s something from the Japanese culture and we are going to Japan and we have Japanese players so why not? We’ll talk a little bit about it today, but it will be ongoing. It’s where we are at as an organization. We are not afraid to try some new things. Certainly we’ve had a lot of change with our roster and our coaching staff and how we are going about it. So we are going to have a little fun with it.”

"But the Mariners"

• 4 weeks later...