• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout/Harper

Dtwncbad

7 minutes ago, Lou said:

I get what Dtwn is saying.

I know Machado fills a need, has been more consistent and will cost less, but I'd still be more excited about signing Harper. 

Same.

Machado isnt just a better fit, hes an actual fix. A longstanding one. And its not like hes blocking anyone.

And if we were to sign him, wed all be like ".....neat." Or worse, a total hamilton flashback.

Harper, aside from being a payroll anchor, isnt really a need. We have OFs coming up. And im not a fan.

But if we signed him, id be ecstatic.

Blarg is right, hes been so up and down, its almost not worth the gamble. But i think harper is a far better bet to be a superstar than machado.

Id also like to see harper work with ohtani. Not just as lefty hitters, but to up his "bro game". It would be funny.

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Same.

Machado isnt just a better fit, hes an actual fix. A longstanding one. And its not like hes blocking anyone.

And if we were to sign him, wed all be like ".....neat." Or worse, a total hamilton flashback.

Harper, aside from being a payroll anchor, isnt really a need. We have OFs coming up. And im not a fan.

But if we signed him, id be ecstatic.

Blarg is right, hes been so up and down, its almost not worth the gamble. But i think harper is a far better bet to be a superstar than machado.

Id also like to see harper work with ohtani. Not just as lefty hitters, but to up his "bro game". It would be funny.

I feel the same. Manny is a much better fit but signing Harper has a bigger Wow factor. Harper and Trout? That just sounds amazing.

7 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I know that Harper has a "different" personality, but as I think about signing Harper, I can theorize that it would really boost Trout's legendary legacy.

Trout's quiet and composed disposition is part of his greatness.  Very classy.

Imagine how much more obvious and appreciated this would be next to the hair flipping Harper.  Imagine Harper hitting behind Trout and how Trout's numbers would benefit.

Just having that additional media magnet in Harper would bring a higher level of national attention to Trout.

Some might say they don't want a media circus, but I am simply saying that bringing in Harper would be a huge net positive for the legend of Mike Trout historically.

Plus I just about freak out at the idea of:

1). Leadoff whomever

2). Ohtani

3). Trout

4). Harper

5). Upton

I mean that is bone chilling.

Harper should hit in front of Trout. Harper is an on-base machine and an okay hitter. Trout is elite at both. Makes little sense to have Harper behind Trout in this hypothetical lineup.

12 minutes ago, Fish Oil said:

I feel the same. Manny is a much better fit but signing Harper has a bigger Wow factor. Harper and Trout? That just sounds amazing.

Positionally? Sure. Personally? I'm not crazy about either, but Machado has a bad reputation. Harper, as far as I know, really doesn't anymore.

15 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Harper should hit in front of Trout. Harper is an on-base machine and an okay hitter. Trout is elite at both. Makes little sense to have Harper behind Trout in this hypothetical lineup.

Positionally? Sure. Personally? I'm not crazy about either, but Machado has a bad reputation. Harper, as far as I know, really doesn't anymore.

I am confident that Kapler will figure it out.  This will be sooooo awesome!!!  I'm so pumped!!

I started a different thread without thinking about it first, but the post properly belongs here in this thread:

Imagine it is the winter before 1961 and you own the Yankees.  You have Mickey Mantle.

Roger Maris is a free agent (I know FA didn't exist then, that's why I said imagine).

You can pass on Maris and your finances look a little better or you can pay Maris a "stupid" amount and have Mantle and Maris.

Had the Yankee owner been in that position, history would show that the  benefit of having the sheer spectacle of Mantle and Maris would exceed the cost.

Yes that team won over 100 games, but they did not win the WS.  Very few remember how many games they won or if they won the WS or not.

But they remember Mantle and Maris.  That is entrenched in baseball legend and lore, and the Yankeen franchise benefitted from it greatly.

Now imagine you are Arte Moreno in the winter heading into 2019 and you have Mike Trout (and are $30m under the luxury tax). . .

People keep pointing out he only put up a 1.3 WAR last year.  But that seems to be because his defense took a hit last year.  His oWAR was 4.2 and right in line the previous year of 4.3.  He also lead the league in walks.  We all love walks, right?

17 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Imagine someone starts a thread then decides they have to duplicate post the same argument in another thread, claiming it belongs here, and in doing so, inadvertently, invalidating any value to either post. 

Imagine there is a poster that literally never has an organic, valuable post of their own, and only survives as a parasitic, irrelevant sniper to other people's posts.

8 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

hmmm. Bryce Harper's marketing girl at TMobile just followed the Angels on Twitter.

Oh and MLB the Show says he'll win a World Series trophy with the Angels and Harper reacted.

Could the Angels be a mystery team on Harper?

Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 8.33.35 AM.png

I think hes just noting how much his power would drop if he came here, based on that stat line.

51 minutes ago, Blarg said:

When I point out facts, like Eppler was going with a six man rotation which included direct quotes, you act like act like a three year old.

e91cd232d8afcbd0c200f0fd9af0cf3f.gif

Pretty sure I said 76 times, "I will believe it when I see it."

And I think I just read something like:

---------------

2018 RECAP

The Angels began the season with a six-man rotation, although more precisely it was a five-man rotation with a sixth starter added occasionally.

--------------------

Huh.

Edited by Dtwncbad