• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bullpen & Rotation About To Come Together

A Quote from Scioscia

"There's so much that can come together here in a very short time," Scioscia said. "We're definitely excited at the prospects of having a reworked bullpen here in the next week."

I have to agree i am a little excited about these next few days (week).  

Madson about to throw a rehab

Burnett is back for tonight

be nice to see:

Burnett for the 7th

frieri in the 8th

Madson for the 9th?

Weaver's return is not far off...

Vargas has had quality starts

C.J. looks pretty locked in although sorta laboring

Tommy Hanson not far away

Who knows.. maybe there is hope. 

Once Blanton is out of the rotation, this team could possibly develop some momentum. Throwing him out there is a guaranteed loss.

They did win his last start.

Here are the scores in the games he started:

W 12-9

L 11-4

L 3-1

L 5-1

L 3-2

L 7-6

L 8-2

L 11-5

L 5-4

A few of those were winnable if the offense and/or bullpen had done better.

A little optimism is healthy.  Vargas has looked conspicuously decent.  The BP can't possibly get any worse.  Frieri needs to stay as closer, Madson is a ways from that.  Weav returning with his 85mph fastball may not be the spark folks are anticipating.  Blanton should ONLY be used for long relief in a lopsided game.

They did win his last start.

Here are the scores in the games he started:

W 12-9

L 11-4

L 3-1

L 5-1

L 3-2

L 7-6

L 8-2

L 11-5

L 5-4

A few of those were winnable if the offense and/or bullpen had done better.

Continuously throwing out a guy who is dead last in several important categories is putting the team in a huge position to lose. You can also say that if we have a better pitcher, that some of those games are winnable. It doesn't matter if the offense scores if Blanton lets up 4-6 runs every single time out.

Count me on the side of those who can't wait till the pitching staff has the names that we anticipated before the season started.  Let's not forget Kevin Jepsen isn't far off either.

Continuously throwing out a guy who is dead last in several important categories is putting the team in a huge position to lose. You can also say that if we have a better pitcher, that some of those games are winnable. It doesn't matter if the offense scores if Blanton lets up 4-6 runs every single time out.

Sure, except he did not give up 4-6 runs every time out. Maybe that's is average, but he's had a couple of good outings. He's had 3 quality starts. I am not saying the guy is great, but he's not necessarily a loss every time out despite his record.

Sure, except he did not give up 4-6 runs every time out. Maybe that's is average, but he's had a couple of good outings. He's had 3 quality starts. I am not saying the guy is great, but he's not necessarily a loss every time out despite his record.

In those 3 "quality" starts, he gave up 31 baserunners in 20 2/3 innings.  That's not good.  He was lucky to have only given up 8 ER during that stretch.

Quality starts is one of the dumbest stats available. 3 runs in 6 innings= a 4.50 ERA. When was that considered quality?

And as someone said above, he still had an absurd amount of runners on those games. 

Quality starts is one of the dumbest stats available. 3 runs in 6 innings= a 4.50 ERA. When was that considered quality?

And as someone said above, he still had an absurd amount of runners on those games. 

No. 4.50 is the UPPER BOUND. A Quality Start could be much better than that. People have looked at this and determined that when a team gets a Quality Start  they are likely to win more than 65% of the time.

No. 4.50 is the UPPER BOUND. A Quality Start could be much better than that. People have looked at this and determined that when a team gets a Quality Start  they are likely to win more than 65% of the time.

I still think it's a flawed stat because of that criteria though. 6 innings 2 runs makes much more sense for the purpose the stat is trying to imply.

And only 1 of Blanton's 3 quality starts has been "quality" this year. His other 2 were mediocre performances. 

Once Blanton is out of the rotation, this team could possibly develop some momentum. Throwing him out there is a guaranteed loss.

agreed didn't I just read that Blanton has the most losses , highest era and has given up the most hits in MLB ? Quite the trifecta