• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels the "Mystery Team" in on Machado?

Dtwncbad

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I believe it.

Look I have always stated it is a real longshot but the Angels could conceivably do this with early opt outs after the first or second year.

Not saying it is right or wrong but it could be possible. Notably by going short term the Angels limit their commitment and Manny can play for a year or two and rebuild that image. 

2 minutes ago, Pujols4MVP said:

If the Angels match the Whitesox offer, he has to choose the Angels right ? Does he really want to be apart of a 95 to 100 loss team in Chicago ?

Do the Halos really want his attitude problems?    Not to mention only 2-3 really good seasons out of 6 so far, for 8 years/$240 million? 

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Do the Halos really want his attitude problems?    Not to mention only 2-3 really good seasons out of 6 so far, for 8 years/$240 million? 

It'll be worth the trouble, I don't like him either, but the team would be amazing with a 3B like Machado. I hope it happens.

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

My concerns with him are twofold: Biggest by far are his reported attitude issues. A guy like that is going to be the last person you want in your clubhouse during a slump. Second, his performance out of the AL East. His average dropped over 40 points (to .273) going to the Dodgers (a better comp for how he'd do in Anaheim than Baltimore would be) in just over 1/3 of a season, while his OBP dropped nearly 50 points to .338 - that's still solid enough, but is it worth 30mil a year? I'd still be fine with it if his reported clubhouse issues weren't there, but I'm not dying to sign him either.

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So if the Angels do get involved you’d have to think it will be at the expense of a Simmons extension.  Eppler could let a then 31 year old Simmons walk, depending on the state of Albert or Ohtani.  

All things considered....Simba >>>> Machado, even being 3 years older (29 vs 26).

Arte Moreno
2:42
Am I guaranteeing Trouts departure in a few years by not shelling out the money to field a legitimate contender?

Tim Dierkes
Certainly not guaranteeing it, but definitely increasing the chances of him thinking the grass is greener on the other side.  The Angels have held the same payroll for three years running - how do they defend that?

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:
Arte Moreno
Am I guaranteeing Trouts departure in a few years by not shelling out the money to field a legitimate contender?

Tim Dierkes
Certainly not guaranteeing it, but definitely increasing the chances of him thinking the grass is greener on the other side.  The Angels have held the same payroll for three years running - how do they defend that?

By being close to having the right young players (Adell, Marsh, Rengifo, Canning, Suarez, Sandoval, etc.) playing at the MLB level, and then filling in around them?

Dierkes obviously wasn't at the seminar where people learn that it takes 4-5 seasons to totally rebuild a dormant farm system.   Year 4 is starting.

3 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

My concerns with him are twofold: Biggest by far are his reported attitude issues. A guy like that is going to be the last person you want in your clubhouse during a slump. Second, his performance out of the AL East. His average dropped over 40 points (to .273) going to the Dodgers (a better comp for how he'd do in Anaheim than Baltimore would be) in just over 1/3 of a season, while his OBP dropped nearly 50 points to .338 - that's still solid enough, but is it worth 30mil a year? I'd still be fine with it if his reported clubhouse issues weren't there, but I'm not dying to sign him either.

It should be noted that Machado's defense did a complete 180 with the Dodgers and so even with the drop in offense, he was more valuable on a per-game basis with the Dogs than he was with the Orioles in 2018. Not that I'm advocating signing him, nor do I think the Angels will...

25 minutes ago, Pujols4MVP said:

If the Angels match the Whitesox offer, he has to choose the Angels right ? Does he really want to be apart of a 95 to 100 loss team in Chicago ?

if you're machado, you really have to ask yourself who you'd like to play with - trout, ohtani, and adell (and instantly make them a serious contender) or a bunch of nobody's in chicago. 

at least the angels have a good deal of promise.