• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Puig and Kemp to the Reds

Halodays

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

So the Dodgers fixed their OF log jam, got 2 high draft pick players and cleared payroll to sign Harper.  Must be nice having ownership that is smart and wants to win. They've been way more successful than the Angels since 2013 and aren't slowing down.  Oh well.

Fixed it for you.

Were you watching them before their current ownership took over?

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

We got a couple of injury-prone, not-so-young pitchers and a first baseman who can relegate Albert to the bench for a good deal of games.

Not too bad, but if that's all, then this will be a disappointing offseason.

Need a lockdown closer and Machado. Or someone similar who can hit.

I think you're going to disappointed.  

48 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Huh? Dodgers have been to the playoffs 10 times and 2 World Series appearances since 2002. Angels have 6 playoff appearances and 0 World Series.

Its that simple, eh?

Youres seriously forgetting the 2000s under mccourt. Dont get me wrong, the NL west was a powerhouse during that time and all...

Theyre recent run has a lot to do with outspending every sports franchise in the world over the last 6 years or so. 

Boston was handcuffed with bad payroll, with agon, crawford and beckett. Luckily the dodgers took all those contracts from them...and kept spending afterwards.

Theyre the only team that can do that. Even the Yankees tap out at some point. 

But youre again displaying some amnesia for the mccourt years...

19 minutes ago, RBM said:

I think this trade may be about getting Realmuto not about signing Harper. They get two more prospects to help in the deal. One of them is a 1st rounder named "Jeter" Downs and is a local phenom from Miami. I think the Marlins worked in concert with the Dodgers in choosing Downs and Gray.

Great post!  I hope it is about Realmuto.  But quite frankly it is the Dodgers, they could sign Harper and trade for Realmuto and possibly trade for Kluber as well, although I think the Indians would have to be blown away to move Kluber now that they shed some other payroll. By the way if the Dodgers did get Harper, Realmuto and Kluber they will win it all.  

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Its that simple, eh?

Youres seriously forgetting the 2000s under mccourt. Dont get me wrong, the NL west was a powerhouse during that time and all...

Theyre recent run has a lot to do with outspending every sports franchise in the world over the last 6 years or so. 

Boston was handcuffed with bad payroll, with agon, crawford and beckett. Luckily the dodgers took all those contracts from them...and kept spending afterwards.

Theyre the only team that can do that. Even the Yankees tap out at some point. 

But youre again displaying some amnesia for the mccourt years...

I am displaying facts. They have been more successful than the Angels since 2002.

7 hours ago, RBM said:

I think this trade may be about getting Realmuto not about signing Harper. They get two more prospects to help in the deal. One of them is a 1st rounder named "Jeter" Downs and is a local phenom from Miami. I think the Marlins worked in concert with the Dodgers in choosing Downs and Gray.

Not sure Miami is looking for a grouping of top 100ish prospects.  Their demands are outrageous given the catcher market.

3 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

Rumor around here has Giancarlo Stanton going to the Dodgers, and the Yankees signing Harper.

Link?  Not in the dick way of asking for a link, I just can’t find anything about it.  Dodgers have a few left handed bats with Bellinger, Seager, Pederson and if they resigned Grandal so I could see them wanting another right handed bat.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Link?  Not in the dick way of asking for a link, I just can’t find anything about it.  Dodgers have a few left handed bats with Bellinger, Seager, Pederson and if they resigned Grandal so I could see them wanting another right handed bat.  

Sorry, driving. I heard them discussing it this morning on WFAN. While it’s only a rumor, it’s the same source that reported the Cano to the Mets trade days before anyone else.