• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB Trade Rumors: Yankees 3B Miguel Andujar on Trade Block

6 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/12/21/mlb-rumors-miguel-andujar-yankees-manny-machado-reds-indians-corey-kluber

How often does a team trade a player they think was robbed from winning the ROY, the very next year?

Here’s a wild idea...

Skaggs, Cozart, and a prospect or two for Gray and Andujar, maybe Betances or another prospect? Angels sign another SP (Keuchel? Kikuchi?) or swing a trade with guys like Ward for another SP

6 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/12/21/mlb-rumors-miguel-andujar-yankees-manny-machado-reds-indians-corey-kluber

How often does a team trade a player they think was robbed from winning the ROY, the very next year?

When they realize he was over hyped and want to sell high?  
I dont think anyone really seems him as a 3B going forward, hes just not a very good defender at all. 
All stick no leather

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Here’s a wild idea...

Skaggs, Cozart, and a prospect or two for Gray and Andujar, maybe Betances or another prospect? Angels sign another SP (Keuchel? Kikuchi?) or swing a trade with guys like Ward for another SP

Damn, I would be super stoked if that deal went through. 

FWIW, Andujar's defense couldn't be any worse than Ward or Cozart's at the hot corner. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Andujar is on the trading block because his defense says he's a DH. 

Ward has played one season at 3B in the minors/majors and Cozart didn't look comfortable and a bit clumsy at 3B in his debut at the hot corner this past season. 

If all things being equal on defense, I'll take the bat in Andujar 10/10. 

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Easier to move a guy making minimum vs someone making 300m

True, but here's the thing. Stanton is able to opt out after the 2020 season. After seeing what the Trout, Harper and Machado deals look like, their is a good possibility Stanton opts out looking for more money. Stanton for 2 years and $52 million is a good deal imo.

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

They may be thinking he's not as good as his season last year...  Career minor league ops of .735 .vs .863 last year.  Big home away splits too.

Would you rather have Andujar or Ward/Cozart at 3B for the foreseeable future?

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Bucket full of no thank you. Worst defensive 3B I've ever seen (that includes Trumbo), regression is coming, no plate discipline and numbers are juiced by playing 120 games a year in the hitter friendly parks of the AL East. 

Ward I think will put up similar numbers in the near future, and his defense will improve. He's also not a clog on the basepaths.

Also I think Cozart will be the 2nd baseman more than the third, while Fletcher alternates between 2nd and 3rd. (and Ward plays 3rd most of the time).

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Would you rather have Andujar or Ward/Cozart at 3B for the foreseeable future?

Truthfully, I'd love to move Cozart's salary, but I wouldn't play Andujar at 3B, and so long as AP is around he can't be moved over to 1B.   I also don't know what to make of Andujar's spike at the MLB level, and I haven't watched him enough to form an intelligent opinion if it's a fluke or not.  But I have seen enough of him defensively to know he's Russ Davis level putrid.  

Maybe more importantly... I wouldn't include Skaggs to get Andujar even if it meant getting Gray.   I don't believe it's prudent to trade an extra year of control for a marginally better SP.   I'm a Skaggs homer, I think he's a little underrated by the AW.com crowd but I get the frustration with his frequent flyer DL flights.  Still, he likely has the best stuff on the staff barring a return to form by Harvey..  I'd sooner try to find a way to work a Gray for Cozart deal tbh.... My guess is if that had been possible it might have already happened. 

FWIW, a lot of people here fixate on the teams unwillingness to spend as the problem...  I don't bitch about it because it's been done to death, but for me the bigger issue is them still trying to find a way to play AP.  Would I trade for Andujar and see if he could play 1B, absolutely...  He 's cheap enough so that he could make absorbing the AP $$ easier while still outproducing him.... It's not even a case of me believing his bat is that good, it's more a case of AP being that bad..  But they won't cut bait and he would be another I'll fitting piece at 3B....  So ... Moot point.

Edited by Inside Pitch

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Bucket full of no thank you. Worst defensive 3B I've ever seen (that includes Trumbo), regression is coming, no plate discipline and numbers are juiced by playing 120 games a year in the hitter friendly parks of the AL East. 

Yep.... The defense is horrid.  I once saw a routine no bad hop two bouncer hit Russ Davis dead center in the chest.....  Andujar might be right there with him.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Damn, I would be super stoked if that deal went through. 

FWIW, Andujar's defense couldn't be any worse than Ward or Cozart's at the hot corner

Andujar's defensive metrics last year were truly abysmal, far worse than Ward or Cozart. There is even talk of moving him off of 3B because he is grading out so bad. He is not the droid we are looking for and there is a reason the Yankees want him off their roster.

By the way I still don't understand this board's infatuation with moving Tyler Skaggs. He is an excellent pitcher and I don't think we've seen his full potential yet.

It reminds me of all the cries to get rid of Jose Alvarez because he had one bad season early on. After that he was lights out, particularly against lefty hitters.

This board has a tendency (even myself once in a while) to take a snapshot in time of a player and carry that forward no matter how much they may improve.

2 minutes ago, ettin said:

By the way I still don't understand this board's infatuation with moving Tyler Skaggs. He is an excellent pitcher and I don't think we've seen his full potential yet.

It reminds me of all the cries to get rid of Jose Alvarez because he had one bad season early on. After that he was lights out, particularly against lefty hitters.

This board has a tendency (even myself once in a while) to take a snapshot in time of a player and carry that forward no matter how much they may improve.

He's been in the majors for 7 years now back and forth.  He's entering his age 27 season.  He threw 116ip in 2014, was out in 2015, threw 90 ip in 2016, 98 ip in 2017, and 125 ip in 2018.  

His era with the halos is 4.35 with an FIP of 3.86.  I'm a patient guy, but at some point I need to see results.  Where's the snapshot?  I'm seeing a pretty consistent body of work on him actually.  

I wouldn't trade him if someone offered present value.  If someone was dreaming on his potential and paid for it, I'd have no problem moving him.  Get the 'he's gonna break out' bounty and let someone else hope for the best for the merely two years of control he's got left.   If he's killing it to the break but we're out of it, and someone wanted to pay top dollar at the deadline, I would consider moving him still.  But the return would have to be really good.