• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com Summer Fanfest Coed Softball Tournament

Chuck

Schedule of games today:

Team Dodge vs. Team Suzuki starts at 8:30-9:00 am the latest.

Team Richter vs. Team Stradling to follow that game. Hoping to start at 10:30 the Latest.

Championship at noon the latest. All games must be complete by 1:00 pm due to the 2:00 pm tailgater start.

Bring some extra bats, balls and lots of water folks! See you all there.

It was a lot of fun. I have no idea who anyone was out there. Richard on Gotbeers team made a diving catch in left center. Adam made a diving play in the first game at third which was impressive.

My favorite person out there was a 78 year old gentleman who got out only once today. He is my favorite human right now.

I'm very proud of all of you for your donations, we really did a great thing. I'm looking forward to next year when we try and out do this year.

It was a lot of fun. I have no idea who anyone was out there. Richard on Gotbeers team made a diving catch in left center. Adam made a diving play in the first game at third which was impressive.

My favorite person out there was a 78 year old gentleman who got out only once today. He is my favorite human right now.

I'm very proud of all of you for your donations, we really did a great thing. I'm looking forward to next year when we try and out do this year.

Well I'm not sure how much Brian can out do himself next year. Nose diving into first was priceless, if anyone has pictures of that I would love to see them.

The gentleman you are all referring to was Bob Fisher.  Jlar64's grandfather I believe.  They had 3 generations of their family playing in the game.  

Oh and his stats for the game.

3-4, 2 2b, 1 1b, 2 bb, 5 runs scored.  A slash line of 0.750/0.833/1.250/2.083

Yeah, he was quite impressive.

Trout's grandfather?

Thank you everyone for the kind words to my day Bob Fisher yesterday during and after the games as well as on this site. He asked me this morning to post something about Senior Softball in which he has been active in for several years. There are 1,000's of guys (and women) playing Senior ball throughout the Unitied States from age 40+ to 80 and over and my dad is currently attached to a 75 and over team.

The level of softball in which theses "seniors" play is amazing. It is truely a remarkable sight to see guys at 70, 75 and 80 not only still playing, but playing good ball and staying competetive. You can learn more about Senior Softball at http://seniorsoftball.com/. If you are ever looking for something to do, find a local tournament and take an hour or so to watch these guys and ladies play some great softball.

The gentleman you are all referring to was Bob Fisher.  Jlar64's grandfather I believe.  They had 3 generations of their family playing in the game.  

Oh and his stats for the game.

3-4, 2 2b, 1 1b, 2 bb, 5 runs scored.  A slash line of 0.750/0.833/1.250/2.083

Yeah, he was quite impressive.  

Dipoto will offer him a 10/225 contract to play 3rd next year.

Bob was THE man out there!  It was tough to follow him after he crushed the first two hits into the left-center field gap for doubles!  He played a great first base too (I stretched-him too far on one throw from short).  I can't wait to see what he does for an encore next year!  And, hopefully I'll make it to the Angels party afterward so I can chat him up more than I got to during the games.

Congrats to Team Stradling; that was a nice comeback win.  Thanks to Chuck, Mark, and everybody else who had a hand in putting this tourney together.  I was impressed with the REAL Miracle-Leaguers!  Every chance I had, I would wander over to watch them playing their game.  I saw some HUGE smiles over there!

*btw... Brian confessed to me that he wasn't trying to dive into first-base to beat the throw.  It looked pretty good, but he came-up a little short of the bag...

Bob was THE man out there!  It was tough to follow him after he crushed the first two hits into the left-center field gap for doubles!  He played a great first base too (I stretched-him too far on one throw from short).  I can't wait to see what he does for an encore next year!  And, hopefully I'll make it to the Angels party afterward so I can chat him up more than I got to during the games.

Congrats to Team Stradling; that was a nice comeback win.  Thanks to Chuck, Mark, and everybody else who had a hand in putting this tourney together.  I was impressed with the REAL Miracle-Leaguers!  Every chance I had, I would wander over to watch them playing their game.  I saw some HUGE smiles over there!

*btw... Brian confessed to me that he wasn't trying to dive into first-base to beat the throw.  It looked pretty good, but he came-up a little short of the bag...

I must be the worst girlfriend ever, because that makes it even more hilarious. 

Yeah, Stradling... Unfortunately, I Umpired your team into the final against our team... hahahahaha.  I hafta admit tho; that was my first time umpiring.  The other team should've protested.

*Sorry, Brian... That was kinda funny tho.  And, for the record, Brian played the second game despite his injuries.