• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If Eppler traded Trout...

Torridd

13 hours ago, floplag said:

God i could not disagree with this more. 
Winning is not what the angels are doing right now, the name on the front is still what matters. 

That's because you never had the chance to watch Willie Mays in his prime, or Ted Williams, or Johnny Bench, or Sandy Kofax, or Hank Aaron, or maybe Nolan Ryan.  You never forget the experience of watching great players play, regardless of the game outcomes.

But, it also may simply be I value the baseball experience differently that most others.

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

That's because you never had the chance to watch Willie Mays in his prime, or Ted Williams, or Johnny Bench, or Sandy Kofax, or Hank Aaron, or maybe Nolan Ryan.  You never forget the experience of watching great players play, regardless of the game outcomes.

But, it also may simply be I value the baseball experience differently that most others.

Never ceases to amaze what people assume...
These are such poor examples considering most of them played on teams with enough talent to both win and be great personally.   Of all those names, those who never had a chance to win a WS for example or played on a lot of losing teams, you dont think they would have traded the personal stuff to win?
Im sorry im an Angel fan, not of fan of any given player on the team over that.  I have been for 40 years now, thru good and bad, never faltered... but this is the first time i can ever remember being asked to accept 500 baseball in return for investor profits.  

18 hours ago, Kevinb said:

No one wants to trade Trout. No one is suggesting we trade Trout. The question was presented in this thread if Eppler Traded Trout but got back incredible assets and the Angels won would you be mad the Angels traded Trout or would you be happy you have a winning Angels team. It looks like there is a lot more people who only want to keep Trout and don't actually want to win. 

No, there are people that don’t see the two being mutually exclusive.  

3 hours ago, floplag said:

Never ceases to amaze what people assume...
These are such poor examples considering most of them played on teams with enough talent to both win and be great personally.   Of all those names, those who never had a chance to win a WS for example or played on a lot of losing teams, you dont think they would have traded the personal stuff to win?
Im sorry im an Angel fan, not of fan of any given player on the team over that.  I have been for 40 years now, thru good and bad, never faltered... but this is the first time i can ever remember being asked to accept 500 baseball in return for investor profits.  

And you aren’t being asked to accept .500 baseball in return for investor profits now, you are choosing it.  Not only that no one with any real knowledge of what is going on has said this, only a fan on a message board.  You also know that the game is completely different than it was 40 years or 30 years or 20 years ago.  The difference in spending is different.  The gap between the biggest spenders and the smallest spenders is different.  It isn’t like this team is raking in the money, they are bringing in what, about $350 million a year in revenue?  Something like that.  $150 million in tv contracts, another $55 million or so in ticket sales.  Not sure what they bring in in parking, but that isn’t all there’s, the city gets some of that.  Merchandise is a shared commodity with all teams, and the players union.  Concessions is also shared with Aramark or Legends or whomever it is.  They pay the players, they pay all other employees of the team.  They pay for travel.  They pay for all stadium upkeep per the arrangement with the city.  I am not at all saying they are broke or there isn’t more they could spend, but it isn’t like Arte is making $50 million in profit each year.  

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And you aren’t being asked to accept .500 baseball in return for investor profits now, you are choosing it.  Not only that no one with any real knowledge of what is going on has said this, only a fan on a message board.  You also know that the game is completely different than it was 40 years or 30 years or 20 years ago.  The difference in spending is different.  The gap between the biggest spenders and the smallest spenders is different.  It isn’t like this team is raking in the money, they are bringing in what, about $350 million a year in revenue?  Something like that.  $150 million in tv contracts, another $55 million or so in ticket sales.  Not sure what they bring in in parking, but that isn’t all there’s, the city gets some of that.  Merchandise is a shared commodity with all teams, and the players union.  Concessions is also shared with Aramark or Legends or whomever it is.  They pay the players, they pay all other employees of the team.  They pay for travel.  They pay for all stadium upkeep per the arrangement with the city.  I am not at all saying they are broke or there isn’t more they could spend, but it isn’t like Arte is making $50 million in profit each year.  

In the same post you tell me  about all this stuff, as if i didnt know this already... then assume what arte may or may not be making when neither of us knows that.   

1 hour ago, floplag said:

In the same post you tell me  about all this stuff, as if i didnt know this already... then assume what arte may or may not be making when neither of us knows that.   

Well I googled searched and the team revenue for 2017 and I think it was  $334 million or something like that, so I guesstimated.  

You may know all of this stuff but sometimes you post like you know don’t.    You post about how you think the team should do all of these things, because you said so.  And when people ask you who and for how much, you say to them, well I already mentioned it and it isn’t worth my time and energy to do it again, yet you have been posting a ton lately.  You also question Doc on his knowledge when he is one of the few guys on here that is consistently on point with his projections and analysis. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Well I googled searched and the team revenue for 2017 and I think it was  $334 million or something like that, so I guesstimated.  

You may know all of this stuff but sometimes you post like you know don’t.    You post about how you think the team should do all of these things, because you said so.  And when people ask you who and for how much, you say to them, well I already mentioned it and it isn’t worth my time and energy to do it again, yet you have been posting a ton lately.  You also question Doc on his knowledge when he is one of the few guys on here that is consistently on point with his projections and analysis. 

Yes if i disagree or interpret it differently, i must not know, fine, ill stop bothering you guys with alternate viewpoint and leave it to the yes men, enjoy.