• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I agree that they’ve done a good job signing some of their guys but I’m pretty confident a guy like Lindor will reach FA and I doubt that the Tribe will retain him . 

As far as Trout I absolutely agree completely.  Trout is immensely valuable to the Angels.  They need to do whatever it takes to lock him up.  He’s our Stan Musial.  He can’t be allowed to walk. 

That’d be a first. 

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Hey, if Cano can be traded for zero and it gets you off the hook for a majority of the money owed, that is a win.

He'd do well in either Texas park and based off their roster needs. Philly too. And for the most part, they have the money and/or prospects to make something work.

On 11/24/2018 at 8:29 AM, eligrba said:

I just assumed it was Ohtani's desire to have an opportunity to make his own way without being connected to already established Japanese stars.  I do not see this signing as a problem.  I think that Ohtani might influence whether or not the Angels are interested based on Ohtani's knowledge for Kikuchi's pitching performances.  For me, Ohtani does not present himself as a prima dona thereby eliminating the "only Japanese star" demand.

I think this was solely directed at two teams, the Seattle Mariners and New York Yankees, whom have had the most Japanese players direct from Japan. The Dodgers weren't in, because he was likely top be a DH. He didn't want to be compared to Ichiro or Matsui with the bat.

Kikuchi would just add to the popularity, and I think there's a decent chance he signs with the Angels for a reasonable contract.

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I meant Torreyes, he ping-ponged back and forth between Yankees and Angels a couple years back.

Sorry I just meant how Bridwell was pretty good against most teams but every start against the A’s he would get destroyed. Didn’t he give up like 7 runs in the 1st to the A’s last year?