• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

I'm a bit jealous if the trade goes through. Like him or not, Jerry Dipoto is an "exciting GM" and the hus has some exciting players at his disposal. The Padres are on the up and up, and will be competitive soon. I'd love to see the Angels land Segura, but I'm guessing the Angels and Dipoto aren't exactly on speaking terms. Conversely, I'd love to see the Angels land Wil Myers, but the money owed doesn't make him a fit for the Angels either. 

Exciing potential trade. 

11 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I'm a bit jealous if the trade goes through. Like him or not, Jerry Dipoto is an "exciting GM" and the hus has some exciting players at his disposal. The Padres are on the up and up, and will be competitive soon. I'd love to see the Angels land Segura, but I'm guessing the Angels and Dipoto aren't exactly on speaking terms. Conversely, I'd love to see the Angels land Wil Myers, but the money owed doesn't make him a fit for the Angels either. 

Exciing potential trade. 

Could actually see there being a subsequent trade with the Angels involving Segura too, should San Diego land him.

30 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Could actually see there being a subsequent trade with the Angels involving Segura too, should San Diego land him.

I believe that is wishful thinking. The Padres are looking for a SS/3B that would pair up with Tatis Jr. on the left side that they could build their organization around. 

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

I'm really hoping the Angels not announcing any of their moves yet has more to do with the fact that they've been in negotiations all day, and not simply waiting for nothing. 

I'll admit it, im prepared for the latter.
Dont get me wrong i'm quite sure hes working the phones, at least he damned sure ought to be, im just not confident its going to be anything significant if anything at all other than whose protected from Rule 5.
I'm being harsh i know, but thats where i am right now until Epp shows me some magic.
Again im hoping im wrong but i think well learn a lot about our actual plan by the end of the day.

1 minute ago, floplag said:

I'll admit it, im prepared for the latter.
Dont get me wrong i'm quite sure hes working the phones, at least he damned sure ought to be, im just not confident its going to be anything significant if anything at all other than whose protected from Rule 5.
I'm being harsh i know, but thats where i am right now until Epp shows me some magic.
Again im hoping im wrong but i think well learn a lot about our actual plan by the end of the day.

No we won’t. 

Just now, Stradling said:

Ok I’ll play along.  If we do nothing by 5 pm what does that tell us about their plan, as opposed to us going hog wild with potential rule 5 guys?  

Nope, not playing this game with you anymore.  It literally doesnt matter what i write, you'll find some reason to shit on it and im just not in the mood. 
You think what you like, ill think what i like, im tired of the nonsense.  

5 minutes ago, floplag said:

Nope, not playing this game with you anymore.  It literally doesnt matter what i write, you'll find some reason to shit on it and im just not in the mood. 
You think what you like, ill think what i like, im tired of the nonsense.  

Ok I’ll assume you don’t have an opinion and that you’re just here to bitch.  

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Is today Groundhog's Day?  Something seems eerily familiar.

Yes.  From what I gather if the Angels don’t do anything today which is what he’s expecting, it will tell us a lot about their plans for the off season.   I truly don’t know what that means.  I mean if they aren’t going to sign these borderline 40 man roster guys I guess it means they won’t do anything this off season. 

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes.  From what I gather if the Angels don’t do anything today which is what he’s expecting, it will tell us a lot about their plans for the off season.   I truly don’t know what that means.  I mean if they aren’t going to sign these borderline 40 man roster guys I guess it means they won’t do anything this off season. 

This is why i dont take you seriously anymore.  How you even reached that conclusion from this is mind boggling and something i dont even want to understand. 
Im sure youll call me some silly name again or play the victim card (you do so loves your buzzwords) but please, dont assume to speak for me, like ever again.  

Something tells me Eppler was working on a deal right up until the last moment.

A little surprised about JMF, but when you think about it...the Dodgers released him for seemingly no reason, the Angels hesitated to bring him up for ages, and even when he did come up, he didn’t do anything besides slap singles. He was basically Yunel-lite with more versatility and his head in the game.

More surprised, or maybe a more a little disappointed that Walsh wasn’t added, and surprised at least one of Rhoades, Pena, Gatto, or Lillis-White weren’t protected.