• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels who are Gold Glove finalists

Chuck

Bradley's defensive metrics were better than Trout's this year. Having said that, if LF was a giant wall and thus didn't exist in Trout's spectrum and he had some that covers as much ground as Betts does in RF, and had Boston's outfield to defend, well Trout would probably bring in every ball.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Raphael Palmiero that won a Gold Glove 1999 but was primarily a DH, he only played 28 games in the field. That was a complete disgrace. 

Yeah, but if you saw those 28 games. Its was art.

Jk

Kind of off topic, but as far as awards for games played...whats everyones take on closers getting cy young, and SPs getting MVP?

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yeah, but if you saw those 28 games. Its was art.

Jk

Kind of off topic, but as far as awards for games played...whats everyones take on closers getting cy young, and SPs getting MVP?

as far as closers, it takes an incredible season, such as eric gagne's to win the cy. not because they shouldn't be considered, but because starters with way more innings are going to be just as, if not more, deserving.

SP's getting mvp? sure, if they have such a dominant season to warrant consideration. the example that comes to my mind is pedro in 2000. among other factors, a 1.74 era over a full season is amazing.

the GG isn't as much of a hodgepodge as it used to be. Statistical analysis is now like 25% of the criteria and so much about analytics is now mainstream in the sport that most voters are voting more and more in line with the #'s. 

Simmons & Kinsler will probably win, the others no chance.

Maldy could win I guess too.

I think everyone but Calhoun and Kinsler will win.

as for Maldonado -- his first half with the Halos this year he was not as stellar behind the plate as he was last season - so it seemed to me.

then he went over to Houston, they won the AL West title and advanced into the playoffs -- and he worked out well there - did well, the pitching staff liked him -- so he might win back to back GG one with the Halos and then this season primarily with Houston.

Simmons at SS is a no-brainer for two in a row here (after several in Atlanta over in the NL) - I was sort of surprised that Simmons won the GG over Cleveland's Lindor last year -- not because Lindor was necessarily a better glove (he's pretty good and it's a close choice between the two) but because i felt Lindor may have had the advantage with the sports writers -- but this is chosen by the managers/ players ???