• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Omar Vizquel was among Angels’ managerial candidates, but out of the running now

Omar Vizquel, an 11-time Gold Glove winner who has been pursuing a career as a manager since the end of his playing days, was one of the 10 candidates the Angels interviewed for their manager opening, although he said he did not make the cut to the second round of interviews.

Vizquel described the process, including the written test administered to the candidates, while speaking in Spanish to “Talkin’ Beisbol,” a podcast released on Thursday out of Vizquel’s native Venezuela.

The Angels have completed their first round of interviews, and it’s possible they could have a decision before the start of the World Series on Tuesday. If not, the announcement of their new manager likely won’t come until after the World Series, in November, because Major League Baseball discourages teams from making announcements during its jewel event.

Vizquel is the fifth confirmed candidate among the 10. The Angels also interviewed Brad Ausmus and Eric Chavez, who were special assistants to General Manager Billy Eppler; along with Chicago Cubs bench coach Brandon Hyde and Houston Astros bench coach Joe Espada.

Former manager Mike Scioscia’s contract expired at the end of the season after a 19-year run at the helm of the organization.

View the full article

Related:

https://www.mlb.com/angels/news/angels-interviewed-omar-vizquel-for-manager/c-298304890

"I was surprised by a lot of the questions they asked me. There were a lot of sabermetrics involved in all of their questions. They're apparently going far beyond what it means to be responsible and wise about the moves that you can make. They want someone who is very interested in the numbers and can weigh the percentages." - Visquel

I like it. I like it a lot.

4 hours ago, krAbs said:

Related:

https://www.mlb.com/angels/news/angels-interviewed-omar-vizquel-for-manager/c-298304890

"I was surprised by a lot of the questions they asked me. There were a lot of sabermetrics involved in all of their questions. They're apparently going far beyond what it means to be responsible and wise about the moves that you can make. They want someone who is very interested in the numbers and can weigh the percentages." - Visquel

I like it. I like it a lot.

tenor (2).gif

4 hours ago, ukyah said:

it's like eppler is the man dipoto pretended to be.

One of the criteria that Eppler said he would be looking for in the Angels' next manager is a "probability-based mindset," which he defined as "making decisions in-game tactically that tilt the win expectancy or the run expectancy in your favor." Eppler said he would also prioritize connectivity with players and the ability to foster a team-oriented culture. 

Taken from the article.

18 hours ago, TroutField said:

One of the criteria that Eppler said he would be looking for in the Angels' next manager is a "probability-based mindset," which he defined as "making decisions in-game tactically that tilt the win expectancy or the run expectancy in your favor." Eppler said he would also prioritize connectivity with players and the ability to foster a team-oriented culture. 

Taken from the article.

this and more is exactly why i said that.