• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FEMA to test 'Presidential Alert' system next week

Just now, Blarg said:

Hmmmm. If I were a low life terrorist this is the golden opportunity to setup cell phone activated bombs knowing you don't need to do anything to trigger them.

Thanks FEMA!

you just revealed the plot for next week's episode of NCIS. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

just wear the present I bought you and you'll be out in under 2 minutes 

image.jpeg

If I wear that tomorrow, can you imagine all the MAGA people that will follow me around? no thanks. I'm gonna be surrounded by a building full of lawyers already, and that would just push things over the top for me. Pass.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

was in the jury assembly room when the alarm went off. about 200 phones chiming simultaneously. i think the different phone companies need to have the alert in different keys so it'll sound more musical.

well? 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

well? 

got called into a courtroom at 1:30. didn't get inside the actual courtroom until 2:10. judge welcomed us and said there wasn't enough time to begin voire dire so she dismissed us and we're going back tomorrow at 10:30.

one of the authorneys had a couple of california vehicle code books on the desk so i'm guessing via my crack aw.com detective skills that we have a vehicle-related case. it's misdemeanor court, which i'm kinda thankful for.

On 10/3/2018 at 11:00 PM, Tank said:

got called into a courtroom at 1:30. didn't get inside the actual courtroom until 2:10. judge welcomed us and said there wasn't enough time to begin voire dire so she dismissed us and we're going back tomorrow at 10:30.

one of the authorneys had a couple of california vehicle code books on the desk so i'm guessing via my crack aw.com detective skills that we have a vehicle-related case. it's misdemeanor court, which i'm kinda thankful for.

Tell the Court you aren't sure you can be fair. If the guy refuses to testify on his own behalf, it is probably because (1) he did the crime, or (2) he committed prior crimes and doesn't want to be cross examined. Either way, you will assume he deserves jail time.

2 hours ago, wopphil said:

Tell the Court you aren't sure you can be fair. If the guy refuses to testify on his own behalf, it is probably because (1) he did the crime, or (2) he committed prior crimes and doesn't want to be cross examined. Either way, you will assume he deserves jail time.

we had to go back on thursday morning and the judge told us the case was over. she didn't say what happened or why, but the bailiff told me on the way out it was a case about weed. my guess is that when the defendant saw all 55 of us prospective jurors walking in, it got very real for him suddenly and he decided to accept a plea deal.

i wasn't all that interested in serving this time, so i was going to make sure i mentioned that i work at a christian school, i'm very involved at church, i teacher bible class, etc. but never had the opportunity.

4 hours ago, Tank said:

we had to go back on thursday morning and the judge told us the case was over. she didn't say what happened or why, but the bailiff told me on the way out it was a case about weed. my guess is that when the defendant saw all 55 of us prospective jurors walking in, it got very real for him suddenly and he decided to accept a plea deal.

i wasn't all that interested in serving this time, so i was going to make sure i mentioned that i work at a christian school, i'm very involved at church, i teacher bible class, etc. but never had the opportunity.

Might want to leave that out.  

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Lou said:

thanks, buddy. I got my first notice in over 20 years for jury duty.

evidently "no speeko inglis" no longer works.

repeat after me, "but your honor, they wouldn't have arrested him if he wasn't guilty."

it'd also help if you wore gym shorts and flip flops.