• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

TV ALERT - MLB CHANNEL - VLAD HOF INDUCTION NOW

That was great. I like some of the stories told during these speeches, but I'm down with dudes that don't talk for days.

I think I'll be there the next time a player is inducted as an Angel.

This was clearly important to Arte and the entire Angels organization. Keeping Trout and doing it again in 15 years or so will be so much bigger.  Mike Trout will only leave if he is intent on leaving.  I don't think he is or will be.  

SCOTT T -- "I think I'll be there the next time a player in inducted as an Angel"

Better buy your trip insurance now, then -- it'll be a while.

Depends if Trout goes in as a Halo or a Yankee/ Phillies.........

seriously - are there any other Halos HOF candidates lurking out there?

I don't think Garret Anderson gets there -- he may get some votes but that's about it -- in fact, is GA about off the HOF ballot list now?

I can't see anyone else.  Bob Boone (Veterans' Committee)  for games played at catcher ?  Not likely and he goes in as a Philly or some other team.

What does everyone think about these Veteran's Committee selections (Trammell and Morris today)?

Me? I am not a big fan. Either you get voted in or not. The Vets committee selection should be reserved for managers, GM, executive, "Ambassadors of the Game type personnel (induct BUCK O' NEILL posthumously - NOW -- should have been done during Buck's lifetime -- a huge misjudgment by HOF committee and MLB).

2 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

?Trevor Time!

watched the beginning of his speech.  once he quoted John Wooden I had heard all I wanted. it was obviously going to go downhill from there. 

any word on whether he quoted Stan Morrison?

1 minute ago, disarcina said:

SCOTT T -- "I think I'll be there the next time a player in inducted as an Angel"

Better buy your trip insurance now, then -- it'll be a while.

Depends if Trout goes in as a Halo or a Yankee/ Phillies.........

seriously - are there any other Halos HOF candidates lurking out there?

I don't think Garret Anderson gets there -- he may get some votes but that's about it -- in fact, is GA about off the HOF ballot list now?

I can't see anyone else.  Bob Boone (Veterans' Committee)  for games played at catcher ?  Not likely and he goes in as a Philly or some other team.

What does everyone think about these Veteran's Committee selections (Trammell and Morris today)?

Me? I am not a big fan. Either you get voted in or not. The Vets committee selection should be reserved for managers, GM, executive, "Ambassadors of the Game type personnel (induct BUCK O' NEILL posthumously - NOW -- should have been done during Buck's lifetime -- a huge misjudgment by HOF committee and MLB).

Most deserving is probably Bobby Grich... maybe one day. Francisco Rodriguez and John Lackey are both 'Hall of Very Good' inductees. 

He was so unique.

He is the only major leaguer in history to have all of the following:

.310 or higher average

2500 or more hits

400 or more homers

1400 or more rbi

9 or more All Star games

8 or more silver slugger awards

8 or more children from 5 or more women

Definitely a free swinger that would hit anything. . .

looked up Grich's career stats.

if he were to get IN -- a big IF but his numbers are worthy of consideration -- would be Veteran's Committee selection from combo of players etc. --

he did spend more time/ seasons with Halos than Baltimore.

To me -- he came up as an Oriole and short of became one of MLB's better players as an Oriole. He then played another ten seasons with the Halos and had more games, ABs and hits with the Halos than with Baltimore........

14 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Most deserving is probably Bobby Grich... maybe one day. Francisco Rodriguez and John Lackey are both 'Hall of Very Good' inductees. 

Take a hard look at lifetime WAR rankings and just how many HOFers Grich is in front of.

Lifetime WAR is not the end all be all but to me it definitely tells me Grich is legit and is terribly underrated.  It's not like Grich is in front of one or two HOFers.  He is in front of a freaking truckload of players that have been inducted over the last 30 years.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/WAR_career.shtml