• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Liberal Utopia

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Vodka is the worst liquor there is and that's what you tried? No wonder you don't like alcohol 

11 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Little known fact, but Vodka should be consumed straight from the freezer. Keep it at -20C and it pours like a syrup and is as smooth as silk. At room temperature it is truly awful, spiky, bitter and mostly flavourless.

Think about the countries that make it, all of them have very long and very harsh winters - they drink Vodka when it's very cold. 

I used to despise Vodka until I had a bottle of Stolichnaya straight from the freezer, mixed with a dash of coke and lemon. Lovely. A totally different drink and suddenly you understand why they drink it super-cold.

yeah I was going to say.  Bad vodka is one of the worst.  But you get some good Russian shit from the freezer.  It's comes out like maple syrup and is the nectar of the gods straight from a shot glass.  

1 hour ago, Tank said:

since you're still relatively new here, i should explain to you that i don't drink alcohol. i have kidney stones and my doctor said that drinking an occasional beer can be helpful in getting them to pass, so that's the reason behind my "modelo with ice" post. i've tasted a few different drinks before, the hardest being vodka (we bought a VERY small bottle of it in Maui because my wife wanted the bottle, so both my brother and i tasted it - no thanks, it was awful). If I end up in your neighborhood, I'm either playing golf or there to see & experience your history. Having a pint won't be much of a priority for me. *I'll also stop by AC12 and say hello to DC Arnott.

Honestly @Tank judging the drinking of alcohol by your experience with maui vodka slurped neat as a youngster, is akin to judging sex after losing your virginity to a crack whore in a public toilet. Honestly, there is a whole, far more gentle and rewarding world out there to discover. Warm vodka is about as bad as it gets.

For your beer thing, is it ok for you to mix it with lemonade? 5 parts lager to one part lemonade can be quite refreshing and takes away the bitter edge of the lager. Or how about cider? It's just apple juice and alcohol, if you like apple juice you'll be ok with cider.

23 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

No offence taken, I can't stand the stuff myself, don't like that strange aftertaste.

Now a good single malt is something else. I quite like the American mash whiskies too, you guys make a nice bourbon. Double wood whiskies are my weakness, after ten or twelve years in an oak or old bourbon cask they finish them off with 18 months in a fresh sherry cask. The flavours are really quite divine. 

The Balvenie Double Wood is a solid pour. I even like their Caribbean rum cask finished stuff 

6 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

It really depends on the type of beer @Tank. Lagers are served really cold, but real ales, traditional beers, are served not exactly warm, but not particularly chilled, as they come from the ambient temperature of the cellars they are kept in below the pub. So a few degrees below room temperature. 

Lagers tend to be drunk by the young, ales come later once you've acquired a taste for alcohol and realised real ales are far more flavoursome than lagers (it's like comparing vodka to a range of single malts - the range of flavours you get from an ale is a whole other universe to lagers and the other light fizzy beers).

Wherever you are in England, try to find out which brewery is the nearest and drink their particular ale, you won't be disappointed. We do beer very, very well but it doesn't travel well, so stay local and your tastebuds will thank you for it (although maybe the wife won't, the beers can be a bit moorish and the alcohol creeps up on you - I've lost many an afternoon "just popping in for a quick half to try the local brew".  

So, compared to a chilled lager, yes it's warm, but it's not really actually warm and it feels cool when you drink it. 

Love having beers on cask. Though in the states "experimentation" is the name of the game so I've had chili stouts on cask (pretty good) and Double IPA's (Do not do this).

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Love having beers on cask. Though in the states "experimentation" is the name of the game so I've had chili stouts on cask (pretty good) and Double IPA's (Do not do this).

Some breweries do the nitro stuff now and that's another thing that doesn't work for IPAs. here in California we have Anderson Valley Brewing that has done the cask finished stuff for years now and they are solid. The barrel finished stuff has too much flavor for most people though. Like the homos that drink Miller Lite  

5 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Do it. It's a totally different drink. If it's good vodka, all the better. 

Lol, I don't think any of my current bottles qualify as that. I spend my liquor budget on bourbon. I counted the other day and I currently have 35 bottles not including about 12 different scotches 

Edited by Jason

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Some breweries do the nitro stuff now and that's another thing that doesn't work for IPAs. here in California we have Anderson Valley Brewing that has done the cask finished stuff for years now and they are solid. The barrel finished stuff has too much flavor for most people though. Like the homos that drink Miller Lite  

Oh yeah Guinness did a nitro IPA a while back and it was pure ass.

My mom used to add salt to Miller Lite.

I mean I know this isn't some new shit because people do that to Corona with lime or whatever but it was always hilarious watching her pour table salt into the bottle and then suck in all the foam as it explodes in her mouth. 

There's nothing gross about that. 

-tdoedipal87

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lol, I don't think any of my current bottles qualify as that. I spend my liquor budget on bourbon. I counted the other day and I currently have 35 bottles not including about 12 different scotches 

Can't say I blame you, whisky is something you can really explore and the more you spend on it the better the journey. The range and diversity of flavours are surprising to non-whisky drinkers. I'm currently sampling a nice 12 year single malt from Speyside. Light and crisp with a slight smoky undertone and just the hint of honey. 

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

My mom used to add salt to Miller Lite.

I mean I know this isn't some new shit because people do that to Corona with lime or whatever but it was always hilarious watching her pour table salt into the bottle and then suck in all the foam as it explodes in her mouth. 

There's nothing gross about that. 

-tdoedipal87

There's a dude at this pizza place I rarely go to that puts pepperoncinis into whatever lager he is drinking. 

1 hour ago, WicketMaiden said:

Honestly @Tank judging the drinking of alcohol by your experience with maui vodka slurped neat as a youngster, is akin to judging sex after losing your virginity to a crack whore in a public toilet. Honestly, there is a whole, far more gentle and rewarding world out there to discover. Warm vodka is about as bad as it gets.

For your beer thing, is it ok for you to mix it with lemonade? 5 parts lager to one part lemonade can be quite refreshing and takes away the bitter edge of the lager. Or how about cider? It's just apple juice and alcohol, if you like apple juice you'll be ok with cider.

okay, more explanations coming.

i don't drink for religious reasons. i'm probably old enough to be your father, so i'm not a young man (probably one of the older guys around here, to be honest). i'm not looking to start drinking, either. i've lived this long without it and am perfectly content without alcohol in my life for several reasons. the maui incident happened four years ago as my wife and i were on the island to celebrate our 29th anniversary. she saw the bottle, thought it was cute and wanted to use it at home, so we bought. before we poured the vodka down the drain (i know, but we didn't have anyone to give it to), my brother and i were curious enough to see what it tasted like. it burned more than anything else i remember, and neither one of us enjoyed anything about it. that's all it was, just curiosity.

you've given some real good information here that unfortunately i'm very unlikely to use. it's nothing personal. thanks, though, for your interesting details, and i'm sure someone reading them will greatly appreciate your knowledge and experience with all of this. if you're ever here stateside, i'd be happy to buy you a pint just to tell you thanks.

and whichever one of you knuckle-draggers told him about the crack whore, i deny everything.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

don't know how real this was, but saw a picture on twitter of someone with a mayonnaise beer. that seems like the entry in to hell.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

okay, more explanations coming.

i don't drink for religious reasons. i'm probably old enough to be your father, so i'm not a young man (probably one of the older guys around here, to be honest). i'm not looking to start drinking, either. i've lived this long without it and am perfectly content without alcohol in my life for several reasons. the maui incident happened four years ago as my wife and i were on the island to celebrate our 29th anniversary. she saw the bottle, thought it was cute and wanted to use it at home, so we bought. before we poured the vodka down the drain (i know, but we didn't have anyone to give it to), my brother and i were curious enough to see what it tasted like. it burned more than anything else i remember, and neither one of us enjoyed anything about it. that's all it was, just curiosity.

you've given some real good information here that unfortunately i'm very unlikely to use. it's nothing personal. thanks, though, for your interesting details, and i'm sure someone reading them will greatly appreciate your knowledge and experience with all of this. if you're ever here stateside, i'd be happy to buy you a pint just to tell you thanks.

and whichever one of you knuckle-draggers told him about the crack whore, i deny everything.

Wait so this whole "pumpkin beer" thing has been an act?

angry marge simpson GIF

56 minutes ago, Jason said:

47 bottles of booze? is your family planning an intervention? or is this a normal amount for everyone here?

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Wait so this whole "pumpkin beer" thing has been an act?

angry marge simpson GIF

wouldn't it be great if it was? 🙂

no, my wife wanted to try a new autumn chili recipe a couple of years ago and it called for pumpkin beer. we bought a six pack at trader joes and used one or two cans of it. neither one of us cared for the taste of the chili, so that spurred on a whole thing about me trying to get rid of the rest of our lot of pumpkin beer. 

Just now, Tank said:

wouldn't it be great if it was? 🙂

no, my wife wanted to try a new autumn chili recipe a couple of years ago and it called for pumpkin beer. we bought a six pack at trader joes and used one or two cans of it. neither one of us cared for the taste of the chili, so that spurred on a whole thing about me trying to get rid of the rest of our lot of pumpkin beer. 

Did you dump that down the sink too you inconsiderate jerk!