• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Liberal Utopia

Cities with the highest murder rates so far in 2021 https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-city-rankings/cities-with-most-murders

FBI figures showing the biggest increases YOY in 2020 https://www.wweek.com/news/2021/09/29/new-fbi-figures-show-portland-is-way-above-average-in-its-increased-rate-of-homicides/

Unfortunately rates have trended up in some cities across the US regardless of left/right blue/red.  The point about Portland (or any other city in a similar situation) is that they've allowed people to act like assholes with few or no repercussions and unsurprisingly its escalated.  

Just now, Taylor said:

So if a mayor is responsible for homicide rates in his or her city, a president is responsible for homicide rates in the country, correct?

Neither are directly responsible other than what policies they’ve implemented. 

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

So if a mayor is responsible for homicide rates in his or her city, a president is responsible for homicide rates in the country, correct?

You could say that if the local governments weren’t defunding the police and running interference against federal action. Now the Governors of these states could certainly do more. Libs were releasing criminals and bailing them out of jail for votes. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Tragic.

Now compare that number to homicides in major cities in red states.

why does it have to be compared to other cities? what purpose will that serve?

we've watched for 20 months while portland has tried to destroy itself from within. they've cut back on police services, issued tickets to appear instead of using a bail system, and allow antifa to run amuck unchecked. this is a commentary on the consequences of how poorly governed this city has become. trying to make this a blue vs. red issue isn't the point.

Just now, Tank said:

why does it have to be compared to other cities? what purpose will that serve?

we've watched for 20 months while portland has tried to destroy itself from within. they've cut back on police services, issued tickets to appear instead of using a bail system, and allow antifa to run amuck unchecked. this is a commentary on the consequences of how poorly governed this city has become. trying to make this a blue vs. red issue isn't the point.

I keep hearing about how Portland is a warzone, and nobody other than cals and Ian Miles Douche on Twitter claim they've been there and seen it. I looked up a few of our favorite downtown spots on Yelp, and all had tons of reviews in the last year, none mentioning riots or being unsafe.

I think many locals are hesitant to go to downtown because of an increase in crime. But the idea that it's some kind of post-apocalyptic antifa cesspool is a Fox News narrative.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

I keep hearing about how Portland is a warzone, and nobody other than cals and Ian Miles Douche on Twitter claim they've been there and seen it. I looked up a few of our favorite downtown spots on Yelp, and all had tons of reviews in the last year, none mentioning riots or being unsafe.

I think many locals are hesitant to go to downtown because of an increase in crime. But the idea that it's some kind of post-apocalyptic antifa cesspool is a Fox News narrative.

I mean if yelp gives it two thumbs up that ends the argument. 

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

cool. sounds like you have a nice out of state road trip looming in your future. send us a post card.

Just now, Tank said:

cool. sounds like you have a nice out of state road trip looming in your future. send us a post card.

I wish. Probably won't do any traveling in the near future for obvious reasons.

No, I didn't get put back on the terrorist watchlist.

47 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I wish. Probably won't do any traveling in the near future for obvious reasons.

No, I didn't get put back on the terrorist watchlist.

Are you really that ashamed of breast feeding in public? You have the opportunity to be a trend setter