• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Liberal Utopia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

‘Third World’ NYC drug store shelves empty amid shoplifting surge

Thanks to a citywide shoplifting tsunami, bare necessities are now rare luxuries on drug-store shelves across New York City.

“It looks like the Third World,” bemoaned one Manhattan resident, after eyeing the aisles of a CVS on Sixth Avenue in Soho desperately low of toothpaste, face wash and hand sanitizer, among a long list of other items.

“They’ve all been stolen,” a CVS employee told The Post.

State bail reform laws make shoplifting a promising career option for some New York City crooks. One man, Isaac Rodriguez, 22, of Queens, was arrested for shoplifting 46 times this year alone, The Post exclusively reportedlast week.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/09/nyc-drug-store-shelves-empty-amid-shoplifting-surge/

So with these types of stores being destroyed by all the now non-criminal shoplifting sprees, will the people who support this also be the same people who are critical of how much business and money Amazon gets as a result of this because people don’t feel safe going into these stores? My guess is yes. AOC famously said the looters were just getting bread, and she’s been hypercritical of people getting rich during the pandemic.

53 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

That's just how that NYC resident felt. Do their feelings not matter?

Their feelings matter, but they're just one person. If Manhattan residents were surveyed and a majority of them felt that way, I would consider those feelings indicative of the overall truth. Honestly, I would.

23 hours ago, Taylor said:

No, but I'm also not okay with hyperbole.

Are you okay with lying about being a mod?

I am not lying, Taylor. I am not assigned any forum to moderate. Like many things going on in the world, this is another you don't understand the framework of. 

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Well, I mean, LA looks like the Third World.  So it wouldn't be surprising if San Francisco and NY are similar shitholes.

Parts of LA look like the Third World, but the entire city isn't a cesspool of looting and shoplifting.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

I am not lying, Taylor. I am not assigned any forum to moderate. Like many things going on in the world, this is another you don't understand the framework of. 

Look, cals definitely isn't in my top 10 posters on this forum*, but somehow you're able to put him on suspension and approve or reject all of his posts. You're also able to delete people's profile photos.

Clearly you have administrative privileges on AngelsWin.

*No offense, cals