• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This is a PATHETIC baseball team!

BESCFAN

6 hours ago, BESCFAN said:

The problem with many Angel fans is that mediocrity has gone from being accepted to expected...There is no excuse for the mediocre product they have provided for years now considering the payroll and resources this team has had available to them.  It's a lack of leadership and direction.  Team is flat and as soft as a roll of Charmin from top to bottom.  

Why hasn't anyone said this before? Oh wait . . . 

On June 13, 2018 at 5:31 PM, BESCFAN said:

This Scioscia-led team is as soft as a roll of Charmin toilet paper.  Scioscia has to go as this team desperately needs new direction and leadership. Basic fundamentals like bunting are on the back of a milk carton with this [leadership].  Mix in their JV squad bullpen and this team literally has no shot and is painful to watch.  These players could literally coach themselves to this record.  I feel terrible for Trout as he and most of his teammates deserve better.  Arte needs to step up and do the right thing for his players and fans.

7 hours ago, BESCFAN said:

Mike Scioscia should absolutely be let go after this season.  I'm not sure about midway through the season but whatever message he is selling is and has been falling on deaf ears as this is a VERY soft baseball team.  MS has had a top 7 payroll for a decade+ and hasn't won squat.  Multiple GMs, Multiple players, yada yada yada.  This team could manage themselves to a similar record. The players and fans deserve much better.  Team is flat and wasting away the first half of Trout's career.  What a waste of talent!

Just now, Vladdylonglegs said:

How have they been rebuilding? Up until last year they had no prospects. Signing 30 something year olds past their prime is not rebuilding.

Yes it is.  They haven’t traded any significant piece and they allow the farm to develop.  None of these signings have affected the near future or blocked a MLB ready prospect.   You appear to want a fire sale.  You want to trade Simmons and Trout.   Not sure why you think that would help.   

58 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Yes it is.  They haven’t traded any significant piece and they allow the farm to develop.  None of these signings have affected the near future or blocked a MLB ready prospect.   You appear to want a fire sale.  You want to trade Simmons and Trout.   Not sure why you think that would help.   

In fact, because in 2021 Trout will be 29 to start the season and Simba will be 31, I'd try to get both signed to new deals.   They are the ultimate glue to the position players roster, and still will not be that old.    Trout is a no brainer, and even in Simba's case, it's better to give your own generational SS a new deal at 31, than to sign/trade for one from elsewhere.    

7 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

How many years of their last 10 "rebuilding" years has their farm not been ranked dead last in baseball? One? You say they have been allowing the farm to build by signing and trading for Vernon Wells and Kinsler types but that is simply not true.

I mentioned since Eppler got here.  I never mentioned Vernon Wells, you mentioned him.  Sorry you choose not to see it.  

1 hour ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

That's fair. I wouldn't say they are not rebuilding under Eppler. That's why they shouldn't be buyers and should focus on the future. They are a ways off from seriously competing.

Being serious WC contenders next season depends on amongst other things how the starting pitchers emerge from their first significant action season in a while.   Can they stay healthy enough in 2019, while also having Canning and Suarez on the verge of being ready?    A deep enough rotation pitching just enough innings might have a positive domino effect on a hopefully somewhat retooled bullpen in 2019. 

Incorporating a couple of young players like Rengifo/Fletcher and Thaiss in the 2019 lineup could possibly have an energetic affect on the rest of the lineup. 

Not pathetic, simply average.  They sit in the middle of the league in nearly every hitting category.  Early on, I believed the Angels would have trouble getting to the playoffs with Pujols hitting cleanup.  Now it doesn't matter.  So many holes, so little time.  It is frustrating to watch Trout try to carry an average team. 

On 6/25/2018 at 5:37 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Theyve only appeared in 3.

Sosh will be gone after this year. If the identical roster returns next year, we will still be screwed.

For all the sosh haters, hes coached the best player in baseball his whole career...just as sosh has zero to do with trouts success, sosh also isnt forcing the pen to suck.

Exactly my point...they've only appeared in 3...and are 0-3.  Underachievement.

8 minutes ago, 70runner said:

Not pathetic, simply average.  They sit in the middle of the league in nearly every hitting category.  Early on, I believed the Angels would have trouble getting to the playoffs with Pujols hitting cleanup.  Now it doesn't matter.  So many holes, so little time.  It is frustrating to watch Trout try to carry an average team. 

I agree they would be "Average" if they were a small market, low budget team (ala the A's).  They are not.  Scioscia has had the luxury of a top 5- 7 payroll for the better part of the last decade and accomplished nothing...literally nothing.  Some of it is stupid signings/player personnel decisions - Josh "rehab" Hamilton comes to mind here.  Given their financial resources and the market they represent, they are pathetic...