• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Richards trade speculation

7 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Why does everyone assume the angels win these games. If we've learned one thing its that were consistently inconsistent. That's not the mark of a champion.

I wasn't assuming they are going to win these games; I'm saying they have to win them.  If the Angels can't take advantage of these next two weeks and pick up ground, they should definitely put Richards on the trade market.

Offense needs to wake up now, there’s no other way to put our current situation into words. It’s beyond exasperating to see Mike being the only one to constantly contribute (offensively) to this team; we are starting to look like Lebron and the Cavs on the Finals.

Besides that, I believe we will be in contention for the rest of the year. I agree Seattle won’t be able to sustain this, and while they might still get away with second place on the AL West, the gap between them and us will shorten up.

If GR is healthy and we're out of the race, he's going to fetch a very nice haul.  

I can think of about 8 teams that would want him for a stretch run and as their 3rd starter in the playoffs.  

He would net at least a top 100 prospect.  Let's get the Brewers and Braves in a bidding war.  

56 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Same. I have no attachment to him. Another underperforming starter with great stuff, who has struggled with injuries.

He's not the ace we hoped he would become. He's not even close to that.

I don't think we can throw away quality starters at this point especially with Ohtani hurt. We need to keep Richards.

With Ohtani hurt and the uncertainty around the rest of the pitching staff trading Richards is a bad idea.  We have a lot more baseball against the Mariners.   Regardless of what happens this afternoon.  Seattle is not going to maintain this pace.  Good as they may be.  They just are not.  

Even if you set aside continuing to play for the playoffs this year.  Unless we are genuinely getting a good prospect back I don’t see how trading him makes sense.  We’re probably better off getting the qualifying offer compensation.  Depending on what he wants it may even make sense to retain him.  Other then length into games Richards is having a solid season.  This isn’t a player to give away for some throw away prospect that probably won’t ever amount to anything. 

Some of you guys need to reign in your frustration. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

What he said.... 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

With Ohtani hurt and the uncertainty around the rest of the pitching staff trading Richards is a bad idea.  We have a lot more baseball against the Mariners.   Regardless of what happens this afternoon.  Seattle is not going to maintain this pace.  Good as they may be.  They just are not.  

Even if you set aside continuing to play for the playoffs this year.  Unless we are genuinely getting a good prospect back I don’t see how trading him makes sense.  We’re probably better off getting the qualifying offer compensation.  Depending on what he wants it may even make sense to retain him.  Other then length into games Richards is having a solid season.  This isn’t a player to give away for some throw away prospect that probably won’t ever amount to anything. 

Some of you guys need to reign in your frustration. 

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

If we win today, resign Scioscia.

Do you want to extend Scoiscia or have him quit?

resign
1.  to give up an office or position, often formally (often followed by from): to resign from the presidency.
2.  to submit; yield: to resign before the inevitable.

re-sign
1.  to sign again.
2.  to renew or extend a contract.

5 minutes ago, Torridd said:

I don't think we can throw away quality starters at this point especially with Ohtani hurt. We need to keep Richards.

I'm not saying to trade him necessarily, but it wouldn't bother me either if it does happen. I agree he makes the team better this year, however, I also don't think our team has enough to compete this year even if we keep him.

39 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Seattle has Boston for 4, NY for 3, Boston for 3 after us. We have 3 with Oak, 2 with AZ, and 4 with Toronto in that span. We are far from out of this.

Why does it matter who we play? We can't hit, pitch, and bullpen can't hold a lead. The team displays a lack of basic fundamentals and the manager is a clueless idiot who doesn't know what's going on half the time.

And also, our line up is dog shit but the pitching top to bottom is much better then Seattle’s.  They have Paxton who is great, but the rest of it is pretty shitty.  Its going to be easier to make our line up less shitty and more competitive then it’s going to be for Dipoto to fix 3 starting pitchers.  And, he’s out of bullets.  The Mariners as an organization are void of worthwhile tradable assets.  

Hopefully Fernandez is legit.  God knows the Angels are due a F*ck*ing break with getting someone to actually succeed as a major league player.   Eppler hopefully can make something happen.  Richards is a necessary and important piece for us sticking in this thing.  I’m sorry I’m just not ready to run up the white flag yet. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Do you want to extend Scoiscia or have him quit?

resign
1.  to give up an office or position, often formally (often followed by from): to resign from the presidency.
2.  to submit; yield: to resign before the inevitable.

re-sign
1.  to sign again.
2.  to renew or extend a contract.

I made a boo-boo. I was just making a joke. But I meant option 2.

but in reality, I want him gone.

This is stupid. Why is everyone so quick to give up on the season. You guys are depressing. Richards is not going to get us anything of substance most likely. Plus that further puts a hole in our rotation. Also, HE IS TROUTS BESTFRIEND. let’s just pack it in so Trout will leave for sure. Good one guys. 

Instead of thinking about who we can trade and get rid of for the sake of trading, we need to be thinking about what is going to make us a contender. We are not a small market team. Quit thinking like one. 

1 hour ago, VariousCrap said:

This is an excellent point; HOWEVER this team needs to start playing way better than they are right now.  Offense, defense and the BP has to step it up the next two weeks to make a move.

Agreed, we a far from out of it but we do need to play better.  Blowpen has to get help and we cant keep having below average production from so many in the batting lineup.

Seriously do some of  you guys have reading comprehension disabilities.

The premise of this thread is trading Richards IF WE FALL OUT OF THE RACE.  Please note the words IF WE FALL OUT OF THE RACE and not that WE HAVE FALLEN OUT OF THE RACE.  I even said it's just speculation!

5 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

It's funny because I quoted you who did the same thing.

Take care

When did I make a big deal on grammar?  I usually leave that alone because my autocorrects F's up my post all the time and I catch a lot of hell.  Usually when I  comment on a grammatical error it's  for clarification purposes and a hell of lot more significant than where you put an apostrophe