• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Call Up Jose Miguel Fernandez

Another homerun tonight and has 4 of his 9 homeruns in his last 7 games.

Slash line of .354/.426/.580

1.007 OPS

20 BB's to 17 SO's

He has 13 starts at 1st base, 14 starts at 2nd, 15 starts at 3rd.

He's already age 30 and has clearly shown that he has nothing left to prove in the minors (with the bat). If this Cozart injury lingers then it's time. Heck, it was already time BEFORE his injury.

is he really that bad fielding? doesn't look like it

YEAR 

TEAM

LG

LEVEL

POS

G

GS

INN

TC

PO

A

E

DP

PB

SB

CS

RF

FPCT

SL

PCL

AAA

1B

-

-

-

SL

PCL

AAA

2B

-

-

-

SL

PCL

AAA

3B

-

-

-

Hes a bit of an enigma to me, i mean yes the bat looks good but where the hell to play him? given the fact that hes not very good with the glove supposedly.
From what ive seen he has time at virtually every IF spot and maybe even a little in the OF, but apparently sucked at all of them.  
DH in waiting obviously, one thing we dont need at this point. 
Seems like the perfect guy to flip for a reliever, i would prefer to sell high on this guy if he has no spot.  Calling him up he better get it done or his value is gone
Unless we release Kinsler the only spot to put him is RF and hope he can be serviceable.

1 minute ago, floplag said:

Unless we release Kinsler the only spot to put him is RF and hope he can be serviceable.

He could certainly fill Marte or Valbuena's spot on the roster too.

I think the Halos should trot Marte out more - if he falters it makes it easier to DFA him, maybe sneak him through waivers.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

He could certainly fill Marte or Valbuena's spot on the roster too.

I think the Halos should trot Marte out more - if he falters it makes it easier to DFA him, maybe sneak him through waivers.

i would say regarding almost everyone tearing it up at SLC right now, where is the benefit to calling ANY of them up to not play every day?   To me there is none.  
If youre going to make that move it needs to be impactful, sitting the bench or part time play is the worst thing we could do to these guys right now. 

1 minute ago, mulwin444 said:

His glove it supposed to fine at 1B and 3B, decent at 2B...he could replace either Marte or Valbuena or both

if true then fine, but i still say no point if thats the plan.  Call them up to start of leave them where they are, we dont need to improve the bench.  

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

Bench Kinsler after his little hot streak ends (which it inevitably will), move Cozart to 2nd, bring up Hernandez and he can split time with Marte at 3rd. DFA Valnobuena. Flip him and his non-functioning bat out of here.

Kinsler is 8 for his last 10, I'm not so sure he will fall to his previous level.

Valbuena earned a few more series-worth after his Detroit showing, only because he tends to be so streaky that I could see it being the beginning of a good run, but if he falls flat again during the Texas and KC series, and certainly no more than the following Minnesota and Seattle series, then it’s time to cut the cost and move on. 

After a hot first 10 games, Marte has really struggled too, though I’d like to get him a little more consistent playing time before deciding to move on.

Really no reason to keep both Young and Calhoun on the team right now, with the OF depth we have at AAA. Cut, bench, or demote one and let someone else get a shot for a couple weeks.

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

this move along with a RF replacement should have been made a month ago. This is the same crap as the bp management. How long do you need to see garbage in front of you to know its garbage?

When your right fielder has a track record of major league success, more than one month.  

6 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

When your right fielder has a track record of major league success, more than one month.  

Look at Calhoun's splits. When was the last time he legitimately put together 2-3 consecutive good months? 

I think it was 2015 or maybe 2016. It's been a long time.

He figures something out and hits, then pitchers adjusted and he's lost all over again. He's slow to adjust. To start this year, he's gone two months in a row without any sort of offensive production whatsoever. His numbers right now are bad even for Jeff Mathis.

It isn't time to pull the plug altogether but it is time for an extended absence to figure it out. This should've been done 3+ weeks ago.

14 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

This is the same bad thought process that's keeping bedrosian in the bp. He was successful at one point so lets force feed him in the lineup even though its very apparent he's done. That's an extremely poor reason to keep putting a sub .175 hitter in the lineup.

2 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Look at Calhoun's splits. When was the last time he legitimately put together 2-3 consecutive good months? 

I think it was 2015 or maybe 2016. It's been a long time.

He figures something out and hits, then pitchers adjusted and he's lost all over again. He's slow to adjust. To start this year, he's gone two months in a row without any sort of offensive production whatsoever. His numbers right now are bad even for Jeff Mathis.

It isn't time to pull the plug altogether but it is time for an extended absence to figure it out. This should've been done 3+ weeks ago.

I have no idea when the last time he put up 2-3 good consecutive months.  But I do know he was a 2 win player last year and a 3 win player the year before.  I do know that Chris Young is not the answer.  I also don’t think a RFer should be your fourth outfielder.  So I have no problem bringing up Hermosillo, but then you have to convince Kole to go to the minors.  If Eppler can do it, great, that is his job to do and I personally think he can.  Why aren’t they?  

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

This is the same bad thought process that's keeping bedrosian in the bp. He was successful at one point so lets force feed him in the lineup even though its very apparent he's done. That's an extremely poor reason to keep putting a sub .175 hitter in the lineup.

Here is my thought process on keeping Bedrosian and it is less about Bedrosian.  I think both Morris and Parades are awful.  Those are the two guys that are our fringe guys that get called up when we need an arm in the pen.  If those two are our most ready arms, then the ones that follow up that should replace Johnson and Bedrosian aren’t going to be much better.  I am done with Bedrosian, but I have no idea what his replacement looks like.  If he was good he would be replacing Morris.  

Just now, The Boogie Man said:

Here is my thought process on keeping Bedrosian and it is less about Bedrosian.  I think both Morris and Parades are awful.  Those are the two guys that are our fringe guys that get called up when we need an arm in the pen.  If those two are our most ready arms, then the ones that follow up that should replace Johnson and Bedrosian aren’t going to be much better.  I am done with Bedrosian, but I have no idea what his replacement looks like.  If he was good he would be replacing Morris.  

I don't know what his replacement looks like it either but I know whoever it is needs to be brought in soon. If you truly believe we have a chance to get into the playoffs you need to make the moves necessary to ensure you get there. If they aren't playing to get in then wtf is the point? Might as well just mail it in and become the A's year after year.

Just now, Angelsfan1984 said:

I don't know what his replacement looks like it either but I know whoever it is needs to be brought in soon. If you truly believe we have a chance to get into the playoffs you need to make the moves necessary to ensure you get there. If they aren't playing to get in then wtf is the point? Might as well just mail it in and become the A's year after year.

Ok, so you are Billy Eppler and right now the cost of Herrera is Thiass, do you pull the trigger right now?

Ok now you are Billy Eppler and the cost of Herrera in July is Joe Minor Leaguer.  

There is a reason very few trades are made in May and the first week of June.  

I do wonder who this new dude is going to replace because he has to be on the 25 man roster according to Fletcher.