• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Supreme Court decision of the day

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Me

Why would that be good news for you? I work closely with 3 people that are apart of DACA. They were brought over as children and life in the US is all they know. They are all very productive workers and pay the same taxes you and I do. Two of them have children that were born in the US. The program has very strict rules that they have to be employed, a student,  or in the military. These rules are inforced because one of the DACA recipients i work with had a recent move that caused paper work mix up. My company couldn't employ her for the 2 months until she was able to get the mix up cleared. She's one of top sales person so it sucked on all accounts. She is also one of the nicest persons I've ever met. 

If you think it's good news for you that she gets kicked out of the country then I can see you nothing less of you as a piece of shit of a person.

15 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Why would that be good news for you? I work closely with 3 people that are apart of DACA. They were brought over as children and life in the US is all they know. They are all very productive workers and pay the same taxes you and I do. Two of them have children that were born in the US. The program has very strict rules that they have to be employed, a student,  or in the military. These rules are inforced because one of the DACA recipients i work with had a recent move that caused paper work mix up. My company couldn't employ her for the 2 months until she was able to get the mix up cleared. She's one of top sales person so it sucked on all accounts. She is also one of the nicest persons I've ever met. 

If you think it's good news for you that she gets kicked out of the country then I can see you nothing less of you as a piece of shit of a person.

I love how you ignore the fact that their parents, who brought them here by crossing the border illegally, are a drain on the average tax payer. I’d also like to point out that these illegal immigrants are stealing jobs from American citizens and are also lowering the overall wage scale in this country which particularly affects African Americans. You know, the people that are currently protesting that they can’t get a fair shake in this country?

Oh and please don’t call me a piece of shit person when you are trying to take money from me and mine so you can divide it as you see fit. You sound like some antifa Dodger fan. 

5 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I love how you ignore the fact that their parents, who brought them here by crossing the border illegally, are a drain on the average tax payer. I’d also like to point out that these illegal immigrants are stealing jobs from American citizens and are also lowering the overall wage scale in this country which particularly affects African Americans. You know, the people that are currently protesting that they can’t get a fair shake in this country?

Oh and please don’t call me a piece of shit person when you are trying to take money from me and mine so you can divide it as you see fit. You sound like some antifa Dodger fan. 

You clearly don't understand how DACA works. They aren't stealing jobs. The have to GJ o through the same hire process for jobs you and I do. They pay the same taxes you and I do. There are qualifications to remain in the DACA program I've already stated. Many have enlisted in the military, and many are health care workers which come in pretty handy in a time like now. 

I don't want a dime of your money and neither do they.

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

You clearly don't understand how DACA works. They aren't stealing jobs. The have to GJ o through the same hire process for jobs you and I do. They pay the same taxes you and I do. There are qualifications to remain in the DACA program I've already stated. Many have enlisted in the military, and many are health care workers which come in pretty handy in a time like now. 

I don't want a dime of your money and neither do they.

They have been brought here illegally. There are plenty of people here already here who can accomplish the same feats. Cut off the benefits that make it attractive for illegals to come here and enforce existing law. It’s not rocket science. 

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

They have been brought here illegally. There are plenty of people here already here who can accomplish the same feats. Cut off the benefits that make it attractive for illegals to come here and enforce existing law. It’s not rocket science. 

They were children when they were brought here and in order to stay in the program there are strict rules. They even have to to pay a fee to be in DACA. They have to apply and get accepted for jobs the same as you or I do. If there were already already plenty of people here who could do their job that would mean they would all be jobless. 

Just now, st1ckboy said:

They were children when they were brought here and in order to stay in the program there are strict rules. They even have to to pay a fee to be in DACA. They have to apply and get accepted for jobs the same as you or I do. If there were already already plenty of people here who could do their job that would mean they would all be jobless. 

Or maybe, just maybe, there is an incentive to hire immigrants over others...

8 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Or maybe, just maybe, there is an incentive to hire immigrants over others...

Please do some research on DACA. Would probably take a 5 minute Google search. They are not day laborers being paid under the table.

14 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Imagine thinking you're better than someone just because of where you were born. 

17 minutes ago, Rico said:

Imagine thinking you're better than someone just because of where you were born. 

I don't agree with him but I don't think that's what he's saying. 

If you weren't born here, you aren't a citizen. But if you want to become a citizen, follow the necessary steps in order to do so.

I think DACA is one of those steps, but obviously that's where we disagree.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

The hell are you going on about? I’m talking about people that aren’t from my country coming here and illegally taking advantage of resources that I pay for. 

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

The hell are you going on about? I’m talking about people that aren’t from my country coming here and illegally taking advantage of resources that I pay for. 

They also pay income tax and sales tax and can't actually take advantage of most of the resources you are talking about. 

I've yet to see any study that says illegal immigrants pay more in taxes (federal income, state income, FICA, etc) than the benefit of services that they receive in a year.  What's not easily quantifiable is their impact on the economy.  Regardless there's a right way and a wrong way to immigrate to any country.  I don't hold it against those covered by the DACA brought here as children and think they should be given a path to citizenship but I expect the federal government to enforce immigration laws.  We'll probably be close to 30 trillion in debt when the dust settles from COVID and don't adequately take care of our veterans or the homeless so we shouldn't be footing the bill for people who come here illegally.  I feel no sympathy when stories pop up about someone who has been here for 20+ years getting deported when they made no attempt to become citizens.

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

Can we end the charade (and I'm pronouncing it sha- rahd') of pretending that these people have any prayer of coming here legally? If you want to blame anyone for this it should be the ones who give them employment and benefits. Save some vitriol for the profiteers

I think it really just boils down to taxes. 

20 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I think it really just boils down to taxes. 

It boils down to always being led to solve from the bottom up. Nobody who can make a difference has any interest in changing the status quo. I hate to should like a TEA party douche but if you don't vote based on who will quit spending your money then nothing ever ever ever changes