• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Supreme Court decision of the day

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

except for people who hate obamacare of course

Upending our health care system in the middle of a pandemic would be bad for everyone. The Republicans had four years to implement Trump's imaginary beautiful new health care system, and they didn't.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

As long as they remove the compulsory mandate that everyone must enroll in a insurance plan otherwise pay a penalty, then I really don't care. But the Obamacare ponzi scheme doesn't work unless it is raking in revenue that it doesn't pay out benefits for. 

They already have. Well, they kept the mandate in place, but the penalty is $0. Trump bragged about it during the first debate.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It was fear mongering to say that the Barret appointment meant it was a for sure thing 

I think there were plenty of Republicans who were hoping for that. The lawsuit was filed by 20 Republicans in Texas, with the specific intent of getting it elevated to the Supreme Court. 

Just now, Taylor said:

They already have. Well, they kept the mandate in place, but the penalty is $0. Trump bragged about it during the first debate.

That's why it's in the SC now. They removed the mandate so they are saying the whole thing should be invalidated now. 

• 3 months later...

Gorsuch added, they were especially concerned about the overuse of general warrants used by the British to justify a search for anything and everything. But today, "we live in a world in which everything has been criminalized," he said. "Some professors have even opined that there's not an American alive who hasn't committed a felony under some state law."

WHAT!

16 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Tough one.  If it goes one way, you open up warrantless searches.  You go the other way, then if a cop tries to pull you over, just run home and lock yourself in till they get a warrant.

The Supreme Court Wrestles With 'Police Chase' That Wasn't

Lol! Only the CHP would make a big deal about noise in rural California. Keeping the streets safe 

"Why doesn't it make sense," Gorsuch asked, " to retreat back to the original meaning of the Fourth Amendment," which "generally says that get to go into a home without a warrant [only] if the officer sees a violent action or something that's likely to lead to imminent violence.

This is what makes sense to me. I think there should be an immediate threat to a life before the cops go into a home without a warrant 

Edited by Jason

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Lol! Only the CHP would make a big deal about noise in rural California. Keeping the streets safe 

This is what makes sense to me. I think there should be an immediate threat to a life before the cops go into a home without a warrant 

Again, so if I was speeding, and they pull the blinkers on me.  Go home, lock myself in my house, until they get a warrant.  It makes sense, but it also makes no sense.

15 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Again, so if I was speeding, and they pull the blinkers on me.  Go home, lock myself in my house, until they get a warrant.  It makes sense, but it also makes no sense.

Did you purposely evade the officer? If so, that changes things a bit but it still doesn’t justify going into someone’s home. Probably a good time to get back up and approach the situation with a different strategy to get compliance from the individual. There is no rush to apprehend at that point.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Did you purposely evade the officer? If so, that changes things a bit but it still doesn’t justify going into someone’s home. Probably a good time to get back up and approach the situation with a different strategy to get compliance from the individual. There is no rush to apprehend at that point.

What if you are speeding and drunk.  But the officer only sees you speeding.  Run home, sober or get more drunk, wait for warrant.  

JMO, but if the warrant thing is upheld, it's going to change policing and how criminals act significantly.  It'll probably make policing more aggressive to prevent a run and hide situation.

7 hours ago, Rico said:

Gorsuch added, they were especially concerned about the overuse of general warrants used by the British to justify a search for anything and everything. But today, "we live in a world in which everything has been criminalized," he said. "Some professors have even opined that there's not an American alive who hasn't committed a felony under some state law."

WHAT!

he's right. true confession: i boosted a pair of really sweet brown-tinted sunglasses from united sporting goods in 1976. loss to the store = $11 + tax.

38 minutes ago, Blarg said:

BTW that's a misdemeanor.  The felony is hiding st1ckboy out in your garden shed evading parking ticket violations. 

trust me, i don't want anyone else knowing about that. the toxic waste clean-up was difficult, but i think i managed to hose it all off into the sewer system. there are said to be certain properties of drakkar noir that will flush the poison right out of anything in the glendale sewer system. *fingers crossed*

41 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Sinner, repent!

already done!

at one point i was ready to go back and confess my sins to the store and make restitution, but unfortunately they folded up shop many years ago. i hope it wasn't because they were short $11 (+ tax).