• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Supreme Court decision of the day

14 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I've yet to see any study that says illegal immigrants pay more in taxes (federal income, state income, FICA, etc) than the benefit of services that they receive in a year.  What's not easily quantifiable is their impact on the economy.  Regardless there's a right way and a wrong way to immigrate to any country.  I don't hold it against those covered by the DACA brought here as children and think they should be given a path to citizenship but I expect the federal government to enforce immigration laws.  We'll probably be close to 30 trillion in debt when the dust settles from COVID and don't adequately take care of our veterans or the homeless so we shouldn't be footing the bill for people who come here illegally.  I feel no sympathy when stories pop up about someone who has been here for 20+ years getting deported when they made no attempt to become citizens.

What benefits do immigrants receive?

They pay taxes and don't get an income tax refund. They are forced to do minimum wage jobs because they usually don't have the skill, experience, or speak the language to do anything else. 

It's quite a harsh life, and they take what they can get because the alternative is so much worse. That's why many immigrants commit suicide if they are caught and forced to go back to their country. Have a little sympathy.

if I were POTUS, I'd announce that I'm willing to grant amnesty to all illegals and dreamers who are already here if congress will sit down and craft a bi-partisan immigration reform bill that makes sense. this stagnation has gone on for far too long, at least two decades.

I don't know if they can do this in todays climate of "all or nothing" politics.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

if I were POTUS, I'd announce that I'm willing to grant amnesty to all illegals and dreamers who are already here if congress will sit down and craft a bi-partisan immigration reform bill that makes sense. this stagnation has gone on for far too long, at least two decades.

I don't know if they can do this in todays climate of "all or nothing" politics.

I've gotta ask again what makes anyone think that those who could actually do something about it want to do anything about it? It's far too handy as a grenade to launch at the other side not to mention the good cheap labor from people who can't complain or vote

Just now, arch stanton said:

I've gotta ask again what makes anyone think that those who could actually do something about it want to do anything about it? It's far too handy as a grenade to launch at the other side not to mention the good cheap labor from people who can't complain or vote

well that's the rub, isn't it? as adam has said several times here, both sides need a boogeyman in every election.

in the end, they won't fix it and all of us know it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...